Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://mathsathawthorn.pbworks.com/w...555631/FP2.pdf
    For 7d? Ive worked out the values for x as being -1 & 2 , what do i with them next?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Ayaz789)
    http://mathsathawthorn.pbworks.com/w...555631/FP2.pdf
    For 7d? Ive worked out the values for x as being -1 & 2 , what do i with them next?
    Notifications aren't working correctly on the site, sorry.

I'm not sure why 7d requires you to find any x values? (and are you sure you're not giving up too easily? After all, you don't seem to be looking at the MS if there is one).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Notifications aren't working correctly on the site, sorry.

I'm not sure why 7d requires you to find any x values? (and are you sure you're not giving up too easily? After all, you don't seem to be looking at the MS if there is one).
    Haha its not about me giving up early , ive got 2 exams on Friday morning which isnt far off , ill link the ms
    https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...PlThO30KpIvQSA
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Haha its not about me giving up early , ive got 2 exams on Friday morning which isnt far off , ill link the ms
    https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...PlThO30KpIvQSA
    Okay - just checking. But again, why does 7d require you to find x values?

ReputationRep:
    Well whenever it tells me to work out the inverse , i do it just in general , what way would you do it?

ReputationRep:
    Sean?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Sean?
    Like I said, notifications (and a lot of other things) on this site are bugging out. I got your second one but not your first one.

But you've said that you're worked out two x values as -1 and 2, when it's asking for x in general (as you said in your previous post?)

ReputationRep:
    Like I said, notifications (and a lot of other things) on this site are bugging out. I got your second one but not your first one.

But you've said that you're worked out two x values as -1 and 2, when it's asking for x in general (as you said in your previous post?)
    Dw its fine , well ive put y as 1 and then got the quadratic equation
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Dw its fine , well ive put y as 1 and then got the quadratic equation
    ..I'm not sure what you're doing to be honest, but if you get the right answer, then well done

ReputationRep:
    ..I'm not sure what you're doing to be honest, but if you get the right answer, then well done
    Hahah lmao , i need to get the right answer!!! Ive done 3 marks worth of it, i sent the ms but i dont understand the rest?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Hahah lmao , i need to get the right answer!!! Ive done 3 marks worth of it, i sent the ms but i dont understand the rest?
    Well, I've just had a look at the MS and it must be the wrong one because there's no 7d there. Also, you're only half-responding to my posts - you aren't telling me why you're finding x and y values when 7d is asking for a function, as far as I can see. I'm not entirely convinced that you mean part d) either. It seems I'm not really helping here, so good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Well, I've just had a look at the MS and it must be the wrong one because there's no 7d there. Also, you're only half-responding to my posts - you aren't telling me why you're finding x and y values when 7d is asking for a function, as far as I can see. I'm not entirely convinced that you mean part d) either. It seems I'm not really helping here, so good luck!
    What question are you looking at sean Its FP2 :/ Check the ms again please?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.