Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently in the start of Y13 and will be applying for university soon, hopefully to study psychology! I am just wondering how to make my personal statement look really good when applying for a psychology course as I've heard that a good idea is to apply psychology to your life throughout your personal statement. Also I've heard that further reading into psychology is a good thing to put on your personal statement, so any recommendations would be appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for psychology too! I've just finished year 13 (: I talked about work experience/jobs and how I applied psychology to general life. So for example, I've had work experience with young children so I talked about how learning Bowlby's theory in AS Psychology taught me about the importance of secure secondary attachments, and how I used that knowledge in a real world scenario

Also you can talk about any lectures you've gone to or books you've read outside of school and what you learnt from them

Where are you thinking of applying? Different unis focus on different parts of psychology, e.g social or biological, so if you know you're applying to all biological courses, focus your personal statement towards that!

Hope I've helped (:

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou that's really helpful! I was thinking about linking it to my job talking about the positive reinforcement I've got from making coffee haha

I'm considering unis like Sheffield, York, and Leeds Trinity. Depending on what grades I get at the end of this year!

Thankyou for your help hope you enjoy your course!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mthornbirds1)
    Thankyou that's really helpful! I was thinking about linking it to my job talking about the positive reinforcement I've got from making coffee haha

I'm considering unis like Sheffield, York, and Leeds Trinity. Depending on what grades I get at the end of this year!

Thankyou for your help hope you enjoy your course!
    what what are their grade requirements??
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by mthornbirds1)
    I am currently in the start of Y13 and will be applying for university soon, hopefully to study psychology! I am just wondering how to make my personal statement look really good when applying for a psychology course as I've heard that a good idea is to apply psychology to your life throughout your personal statement. Also I've heard that further reading into psychology is a good thing to put on your personal statement, so any recommendations would be appreciated!
    Have you looked at the lists of suggested reading in our sticky: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3986251 there's a bunch of linked threads with more suggestions too

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.