Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Pgdip at MIddlesex or Bsc at Kingston (adult nursing) which one is the best option watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I Have been offered both PGdip and BSc in adult nursing on MIddlessex and Kingston and I can't really decide which one to go for, any thought or anyone that has had the same experience I would really appreciate your help.

thank you guys.

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Congratulations on your offers.

As far as I'm aware, I don't think doing the PgDip over BSc makes a difference when it comes to getting a job as you still come out qualified as a staff nurse either way.

I'm doing the PgDip because my first degree is in Biology so I felt I'd be okay doing the course in two years because I am already comfortable with the anatomy/physiology etc. I know some people prefer the BSc because it's less intense as it's spread out over three years and gives you more time to get your head around things.

From a financial point of view, if you do the PgDip you are NOT eligible for any student loan, just NHS bursary. If you do the BSc I believe you can apply for a reduced maintenance loan. Of course with the PgDip being shorter you would be qualified faster and therefore salaried sooner, but it really depends on your situation and what's best for you.

I don't know much about Middlesex so I can't really compare the two unis but I know people who have studied other subjects at Kingston and really enjoyed it due to it's facilities, societies etc.

I hope some of this is helpful and good luck making your decision!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fc93)
    Hello! Congratulations on your offers.

As far as I'm aware, I don't think doing the PgDip over BSc makes a difference when it comes to getting a job as you still come out qualified as a staff nurse either way.

I'm doing the PgDip because my first degree is in Biology so I felt I'd be okay doing the course in two years because I am already comfortable with the anatomy/physiology etc. I know some people prefer the BSc because it's less intense as it's spread out over three years and gives you more time to get your head around things.

From a financial point of view, if you do the PgDip you are NOT eligible for any student loan, just NHS bursary. If you do the BSc I believe you can apply for a reduced maintenance loan. Of course with the PgDip being shorter you would be qualified faster and therefore salaried sooner, but it really depends on your situation and what's best for you.

I don't know much about Middlesex so I can't really compare the two unis but I know people who have studied other subjects at Kingston and really enjoyed it due to it's facilities, societies etc.

I hope some of this is helpful and good luck making your decision!
    Thank you so much for your reply it was very helpful and I think after the results of the referendum made the desision for me, I'm going to do the Pg Dip we never know what else may change later.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 24, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.