Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I just don't care about girls or life anymore watch

Because i always get rejected. To keep it short, there's a girl at my new job that I've developed a crush on. My workmates keep teasing me about her ever since i told them i like her. Today they kept making lots of references about me and her as i heard my name being called out a lot.

It took me back to a situation over 7 years ago in high school where i got bullied mercilessly for liking a girl and it kept me from ever approaching a girl ever again. I've asked out a few girls since then and i've been met mostly with rejections and very little success. It has kept me from maintaining much contact with girls cos i just cant get them to like me so clearly something is wrong with me. Even if i do, it makes no difference and i sometimes end up resenting girls that do like me once i see that they're just humans.

My friends both at work and school always big me up and appreciate all the things i do for them and were grateful to come to my recent birthday bbq as they had a blast but still i don't feel happy at all. I've never had a lover or anything at all in my life and i've been thinking about what it would be like to just drop dead. I haven't got the guts to kill myself though.

I've been offered a job that pays good money in a prime location, but i'd rather stick to my current one which has mediocre pay and is a 24 mile round trip daily and i drive. Basically a lot of good things are happening in my life and I just don't wanna believe they're real and i'm constantly looking for ways to destroy them. For example by driving dangerously and cutting people up.

What can i do?

EDIT: Regarding the girl in question my mates were telling me that she hasn't said explicitly she's not interested but i just assume she is cos she never looks me in the eye when i talk to her and whenever i ask her a question she walks off and looks away. I honestly don't wanna bother cos i'll get rejected and look and feel stupid.

ReputationRep:
    Hey don't give up man, keep trying, stay positive. Multiple rejection is tough to deal with but would killing yourself really make it better? You would lose out on the rest of your life, is it really worth it? You have to realise that there is so much more to your life. You just have to not get to obsessed about it. In a way I've had similar experience, I find it hard to get them to see me as any more than a friend. You just have to keep on going & believe that sooner or later everything will click into place, and someone will see you as good boyfriend material. Never give up, life has it's ups & down, but you have be courageous enough to get through them and realise that just because things don't seem to be going to plan right now, it doesn't mean that you're resigned to that fate for the rest of your life. Be proud of who you are!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Because i always get rejected. To keep it short, there's a girl at my new job that I've developed a crush on. My workmates keep teasing me about her ever since i told them i like her. Today they kept making lots of references about me and her as i heard my name being called out a lot.

It took me back to a situation over 7 years ago in high school where i got bullied mercilessly for liking a girl and it kept me from ever approaching a girl ever again. I've asked out a few girls since then and i've been met mostly with rejections and very little success. It has kept me from maintaining much contact with girls cos i just cant get them to like me so clearly something is wrong with me. Even if i do, it makes no difference and i sometimes end up resenting girls that do like me once i see that they're just humans.

My friends both at work and school always big me up and appreciate all the things i do for them and were grateful to come to my recent birthday bbq as they had a blast but still i don't feel happy at all. I've never had a lover or anything at all in my life and i've been thinking about what it would be like to just drop dead. I haven't got the guts to kill myself though.

I've been offered a job that pays good money in a prime location, but i'd rather stick to my current one which has mediocre pay and is a 24 mile round trip daily and i drive. Basically a lot of good things are happening in my life and I just don't wanna believe they're real and i'm constantly looking for ways to destroy them. For example by driving dangerously and cutting people up.

What can i do?
    I'm not being harsh but your overthinking the situation. you've got a job (its really hard to find one in this economy believe it or not) and your upset because you've been rejected, so what ? everyone gets rejected. Focus on your job, go to the gym, go out with your friends and eventually you'll meet that one special person that'll make your heart skip. Don't sweat it, you'll find someone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    EDIT: Regarding the girl in question my mates were telling me that she hasn't said explicitly she's not interested but i just assume she is cos she never looks me in the eye when i talk to her and whenever i ask her a question she walks off and looks away. I honestly don't wanna bother cos i'll get rejected and look and feel stupid.
    Maybe she is uninterested. BUTTTT i'm a girl and I act around like that around guys I fancy. I find it hard to look them in the eye and get nervous/don't know how to act so just end up (what appears to be) ignoring them. Dumb really because it puts guys off. Girls are weird, some make it obvious they like you, others don't. Does she act different around you compared to other people? That's usually a sign. Regardless, even if she isn't interested, don't let it put you down. There's plenty more girls, they're not all the same. You'll find someone one day

ReputationRep:
    What steps have you taken to ensure you are good dating material?

(Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D)
    I'm not being harsh but your overthinking the situation. you've got a job (its really hard to find one in this economy believe it or not) and your upset because you've been rejected, so what ? everyone gets rejected. Focus on your job, go to the gym, go out with your friends and eventually you'll meet that one special person that'll make your heart skip. Don't sweat it, you'll find someone.
    Hi what do you mean by over thinking and which aspect exactly? I started my job today and did a few tasks and i gotta say i'm very grateful for it. It's easily the best job i've had so far and the pay is great and it's in a good location. The only bad thing about it is the people there are quite mature adults and so it's not much fun or banter as other jobs that i've had.

I understand where you're coming from when you say don't sweat it, but the thought of not meeting someone literally consumes my whole brain whenever i'm not busy with work. I can't even enjoy myself in social situations and have a good time and i always end up missing out on a good time, only to realise it after the event has passed.

ReputationRep:
    I know the feeling of rejection buddy. Heck, ain't even rejection, just don't get noticed.

Still, not worth hurting yourself over. Plod on, know you're not the only one in the same boat, be happy, and one day some lucky young gal will walk into your life.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.