Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hey all, never thought I'd be posting something like this on TSR but here goes:

There's a girl in one of my classes that I have a slight soft spot for, we only really used to talk in class (mainly because we never saw each other outside the classroom really) but seemed to get on pretty well. I am in my final year of school and classes have officially finished, we are now doing exams. I have seen her before each exam (we do the same stuff) but haven't really approached her, mainly as I'm fairly nervous before exams and don't want to come across the wrong way because of that, if that makes sense. I like her and want to start chatting but don't have much opportunity left seeing that school finishes at the end of the month.

So here's the question, would you (girls) be in any way creeped out if a bloke (that you hadn't really spoken to for a month or two, but had seen) were to add you out of the blue on snapchat? What would you infer from that?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)

There's a girl in one of my classes that I have a slight soft spot for, we only really used to talk in class (mainly because we never saw each other outside the classroom really) but seemed to get on pretty well. I am in my final year of school and classes have officially finished, we are now doing exams. I have seen her before each exam (we do the same stuff) but haven't really approached her, mainly as I'm fairly nervous before exams and don't want to come across the wrong way because of that, if that makes sense. I like her and want to start chatting but don't have much opportunity left seeing that school finishes at the end of the month.

So here's the question, would you (girls) be in any way creeped out if a bloke (that you hadn't really spoken to for a month or two, but had seen) were to add you out of the blue on snapchat? What would you infer from that?
    I'm not a girl, but I would be wondering how they got the sc and would most likely block them until I know who they actually are. At least, that is the sensible thing to do.

I'm sure there are better ways of initially approaching her, although none are easy, I'll give you that.

(Original post by SeanFM)
    I'm not a girl, but I would be wondering how they got the sc and would most likely block them until I know who they actually are. At least, that is the sensible thing to do.

I'm sure there are better ways of initially approaching her, although none are easy, I'll give you that.
    I'm hardly some stranger, like we haven't really spoken recently but used to get along very well in class; with school coming to a close, I kinda want to start something up if that makes sense

ReputationRep:

nothing and no, i wouldn't be creeped out

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a girl but one thing I do know is that snapchat in my personal opinion is worst form of social media to use when trying to formulate a relationship. Why you ask?

Well word count... the most important thing about starting a relationship is with talking, Snap chat limits the amount of words you can put into one message and makes it very difficult for you to portray yourself accurately. Its like going to the movies as a first date, you see each others faces, then sit in silence, in the dark for two hours then go home and you have learned nothing about each other except you both have the hots for leonardo dicaprio. Start talking on facebook messenger where you can hold a real conversation and get to know each other, then you stand a better chance of formulating a strong long lasting relationship. Oh btw you may also realize that she is completely mad 10 minuets in and can hit the abort button early.

ReputationRep:

No way its completely normal, I wouldnt think anything of it. It happens all the time. Ive recently finished school too and now, quite a few people that I werent besties with are adding me on snapchat and instagram (and vice versa) just to keep up with each other's lives really

ReputationRep:

Just let her know in person that you'd like to keep in touch. In your final days at school, I don't think it's abnormal to ask someone for their whatsapp or whatever else since you're all going to be leaving soon. Would not recommend adding her out of the blue.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.