Stomach Hair on Girls Watch

LaBellaVita
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I used to have fair hair on my stomach, especially the belly button, and shaved it (stupid, yes i realise that now) So now it grows back dark and it means i constantly have to shave there. Are there any other options. I'm going on holiday soon and would like a hair free stomach for more than a few days. Has anyone waxed their stomach?? x
Annie Hall
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Of course there are other options. Depilatory cream, epilating, plucking, waxing, sugaring-- those all get rid of hair to the root, giving much longer-lasting results.

I would advise getting out of the habit of hair removal; let the hair (after waxing/similar, to avoid a blunt hair tip) grow back in and, if it bothers you, bleach it. Everyone has stomach hair.

Whatever you do, stop shaving.
that_time
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I use one of those hair removal creams (nair), that works pretty well and the hair grows back soft.

Waxing is the best bet if you want it to last though.
munkeybrayne
Report 12 years ago
One of my friends has the same problem, and she shaves her tummy too - but her hairs just grow back as before :rolleyes: not darker or coarser...and waxing your stomach must hurt right? :p:
cutelilchica
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
hair lightening cream. also good on facial hair.
NEVER shave your tum... just dont do it.
DancinBallerina
Badges: 20
Report 12 years ago
Yes - I also made the same mistake of shaving it and it grows back thicker, corser. I pluck mine now though.
cutelilchica
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ouch!
abc101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think tummy fuzz looks cute hehe...bleaching would be a good option though, as, despite its cuteness, treasure trails look better on guys than girlies!
Schroedinger's Pandora
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I wax mine
DancinBallerina
Report 12 years ago
Ok because i use to shave my area - Iv been left with little brown spots from where I had ingrown hairs Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could get rid of the marrks???
that_time
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by DancinBallerina)
Ok because i use to shave my area - Iv been left with little brown spots from where I had ingrown hairs Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could get rid of the marrks???
Firstly, make sure you're exfoliating properly (i.e there arn't any ingrowns still there) and secondly, vitamin E is good for reducing marks/scars either in oil form or as a moisturiser containing vitamin E. Bio-oil is also supposed to be good for this although its a bit pricier, and I haven't tried that myself.
linka1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by munkeybrayne)
One of my friends has the same problem, and she shaves her tummy too - but her hairs just grow back as before :rolleyes: not darker or coarser...and waxing your stomach must hurt right? :p:
You can hardly feel it, there's so much flab there
LaBellaVita
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I used some veet hair removal cream today. the hair is nowhere to be seen so smooth too, how long will it be till the hair grows back? x
ZanyZanny
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
hair removal cream tends to last for a few days, waxing is by far the best option and my hairs have grown back really light and thin so i dont really bother anymore.
_:_Emo_Cheerleader_:_
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Waxing FTW ^_^! I had it lasered once, though.
fettucini
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ZanyZanny)
hair removal cream tends to last for a few days, waxing is by far the best option and my hairs have grown back really light and thin so i dont really bother anymore.

I shaved and it grew back thicker but yes, waxing reversed the problem by making it grow back thinner. Waxing is great
DancinBallerina
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by _:_Sel_:_By_:_Date_:_16_:_)
Waxing FTW ^_^! I had it lasered once, though.
Did the laser treatment work? I was looking into that but it seemed really expensive
Isobell
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Im Anglo Spanish, so I wax everywhere

Go to a professional waxer though, and try to find a salon that uses tea-tree oil wax, as it's a natural antiseptic.

Exfoliate too, I use a body scrub plus exfoliating gloves every day, I know that may apear harsh, but it can help zap cellulite as well, massage your thighs and butt until the skin tingles:cool:
_:_Emo_Cheerleader_:_
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by DancinBallerina)
Did the laser treatment work? I was looking into that but it seemed really expensive
It was a home lasering kit. I don't know about professional lasering, but I found that sometimes it didn't get the hairs out (They apparently fall off after two weeks if they don't come out right away). Didn't hurt. Sometimes you smelt/saw the hair burn from the laser.
DancinBallerina
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by _:_Sel_:_By_:_Date_:_16_:_)
It was a home lasering kit. I don't know about professional lasering, but I found that sometimes it didn't get the hairs out (They apparently fall off after two weeks if they don't come out right away). Didn't hurt. Sometimes you smelt/saw the hair burn from the laser.
Hmmmm - so would u recommend Laser then or would you say not bother??

There is a salon in Chelt that offers White Light Therapy - which is to reduce the appearance of the scars and eventually slow the growth or even stop the hairs from growing back but that is like £75 per treatment!!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.75%
Excited (150)
8.98%
Worried (302)
18.07%
Terrified (374)
22.38%
Meh (154)
9.22%
Confused (37)
2.21%
Putting on a brave face (229)
13.7%
Impatient (212)
12.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise