Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A guy spent past 3 weeks fact checking every Brexit claim from both sides and... Watch

ReputationRep:
    His conclusions...

https://medium.com/im-trying-to-fact-check-brexit

ReputationRep:
    "At every single turn, I found that the Leave campaign’s arguments were founded on lies. Sorry, it’s as simple as that. I wish it wasn’t"

This guy is the founder of Machinima, one of the biggest video making networks on the web

ReputationRep:
    One thing I can safely say is the support for brexit in academia and in the business world is weak and there have been figures pulled out that don't take into account economic costs (the £350 million a week doesn't take into account probable costs). The brexit people within these have interesting reasons I can respect, but remain is the safer option from analysing and comparing reports, figures, etc.

IMO the Leave campaign might have been stronger if there wasn't as much petty nationalism, racism, so much focus on immigration (to the point of ignoring important figures, dismissing a lot of quantitative data as 'project fear', the impact of an ageing population, the financial crisis, etc) and Farage, Johnson and Gove weren't involved.

ReputationRep:
    Three weeks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    Three weeks?
    Lol. I thought the same.

But then he does own a fairly large company so he probably has other things to do.

ReputationRep:
    What a load of horsesh*t. He, and the remain campaign, haven't fact checked our/my analysis and found it to be wanting. So sad

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.