The Student Room Group

Computer Examinations

Hi all,

I have done various past exams on the computer and have only found out today that there a certain rules you have to follow on the computer. These are:
Size 12 font
Double spacing

Only thing is, the invigilators never told me this apart from the one I did today? I'm assuming and hoping my exams done on the computer will get scanned in or whatever for the examiner to mark, and that my A levels haven't been jeopardized.

If anyone has an answer or some insight into this problem, please post!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by Khanthebrit
Hi all,

I have done various past exams on the computer and have only found out today that there a certain rules you have to follow on the computer. These are:
Size 12 font
Double spacing

Only thing is, the invigilators never told me this apart from the one I did today? I'm assuming and hoping my exams done on the computer will get scanned in or whatever for the examiner to mark, and that my A levels haven't been jeopardized.

If anyone has an answer or some insight into this problem, please post!

This isn't a particularly helpful answer but I did my GCSE exams on the computer and I didn't use size 12 font or double spacing. This was 3 years ago so I don't know if there have been changes in regulations since then but I very much doubt that this is going to be a problem. Examiners have common sense, they're not going to reject all of your scripts just because of a formatting issue. I'd advise you not to stress but if you're worried, maybe have a chat to your school's exams officer.
Original post by Plagioclase
This isn't a particularly helpful answer but I did my GCSE exams on the computer and I didn't use size 12 font or double spacing. This was 3 years ago so I don't know if there have been changes in regulations since then but I very much doubt that this is going to be a problem. Examiners have common sense, they're not going to reject all of your scripts just because of a formatting issue. I'd advise you not to stress but if you're worried, maybe have a chat to your school's exams officer.

Thank you for the response. I chatted yesterday and she said it was fine.
Reply 4
Original post by Khanthebrit
Size 12 font
Double spacing

12 point and double line spacing has been the requirement for years (I'm surprised your school doesn't use a template set up to do this automatically) but they won't refuse to mark it if it isn't. (Have you noticed when you're signing each page if they convert it to the standard when they print?)
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest