Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In the case of a Brexit, will the 1.3 million European Ex-Pats still have access to affordable healthcare on the continent?

If not, surely they'll likely come back - putting greater pressure on the NHS and even greater pressure on our ageing population.

How would the Leave campaign suggest this be dealt with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IFoundWonderland)
    In the case of a Brexit, will the 1.3 million European Ex-Pats still have access to affordable healthcare on the continent?

If not, surely they'll likely come back - putting greater pressure on the NHS and even greater pressure on our ageing population.

As the Leave campaign. "We'll deal with all this after we're out. We don't actually have a plan or know what'll happen just make Britain great again " :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IFoundWonderland)

This is the thing, nothing is set in stone, no-one knows what will happen if the British people vote Leave, or Remain for that matter. Regardless, it is accepted by Leave campaigners that in the case of a Brexit, issues such as reciprocal healthcare and travel rights will be negotiated within the minimum 2 year time period, but as I said, no-one knows...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    just make Britain great again " :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Don't a lot of ex-pats already jet back to the UK to get procedures done via NHS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Curry Muncher)
    This is the thing, nothing is set in stone, no-one knows what will happen if the British people vote Leave, or Remain for that matter. ...
    Well, I think we know that they won't be coming back to the UK en mass if we Remain.

Tbh, what is there to know about Remaining? Things will remain the way they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)
    Well, I think we know that they won't be coming back to the UK en mass if we Remain.

Tbh, what is there to know about Remaining? Things will remain the way they are.
    With remaining there won't be any long term effects, but there maybe possible short term effects, e.g. value of Sterling etc. idk

ReputationRep:
    The ones that can will probably apply for citizenship in their country of residence.

ReputationRep:
    With remaining there won't be any long term effects, but there maybe possible short term effects, e.g. value of Sterling etc. idk
    I think you mean leaving.

Leaving will cause a fall in the sterling. At least according to estimations by the banks like HSBC.

ReputationRep:
    1) Vienna Convention

2) Article 50 provision for minimum 2 years

3) We'll come to a sensible solution for provisions made for existing immigrants/emigrants, by way of negotiation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)
    I think you mean leaving.

Leaving will cause a fall in the sterling. At least according to estimations by the banks like HSBC.
    Yeah I did aha. Nevertheless, what effect do you think remaining will have on the sterling, if any?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did aha. Nevertheless, what effect do you think remaining will have on the sterling, if any?
    Well, probably a small rise. The Markets are basically betting on Remain to happen so I wouldn't expect much movement.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.