Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I get along with my younger brothers so well, we always talk all the time but my older brother is constantly giving me judgemental looks. He won't make the effort to talk to me although I always try and talk to him, he hasn't had a proper conversation with me since he came back from uni. My mum and I often clash as well, I was quite rude to her the other day and that was the only time my brother spoke to me, he had a go at me and said i'm disrespectful and that I just annoy everyone. I know it sounds stupid but it actually makes me feel really self conscious about myself, I don't know what I'm meant to do to make him like me? He gets along with everyone else so well and he's a really popular person, people think he's nice and funny but he's always so cold with me?

ReputationRep:
    awww... why don't you try and have a serious chat with him. I'm sure he really loves you and blood is thicker than water. Sometimes people get annoyed by people for no specific reason. Just have a chat.

(Original post by NNA10)
    awww... why don't you try and have a serious chat with him. I'm sure he really loves you and blood is thicker than water. Sometimes people get annoyed by people for no specific reason. Just have a chat.
    :lol:

Not all brothers love their brothers, and not all rifts can be reconciled. That said, ot sounds like OP has just found himself a little alienated.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Tootles;66039945]:lol:

Not all brothers love their brothers, and not all rifts can be reconciled. That said, ot sounds like OP has just found himself a little alienated.[

i guess not... but it doesn't hurt to try

ReputationRep:
    I agree. You should definitely approach him about the situation. He doesn't hate you, I'm sure of that, and I'm sure he doesn't even know that his actions are affecting you in that way. I have younger brothers and I admit, sometimes I feel like I'm a bit cold to them and feel REALLY bad afterwards but don't have the guts to apologise after. Communication is key. Make sure you talk about it so you can take a step forward. You are not at fault at all. Sometimes people put their stress onto others. Don't worry, it will get better.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 23, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.