Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My friend though she'd write a poem in response to the Orlando shooting. Please comment your opinion and what your general opinion of it is and if it has affected the way you look at Muslims worldwide.

NOT MY NAME

Alqaeda, Boko haram, Isis.
    No, that's not my name.
    A world wide crisisWhere all Muslims are labelled the same.
    Terrorists.

What is a terrorist? What makes a terrorist?
    I'm in need of a therapist,
    A therapist I can ask my questions,
    A therapist that will know all the answers to my questions,
    What exactly makes a terrorist?
    Is it the religion they are a part of?
    Is is the country they are from?
    Is it the race they are a part of?
    Or is the culture they are from?
    Is it the the way they are dressed?

All these questions are leaving me distressed.
    Yet, the main question that we all ask ourselves,
    Are all Muslims terrorists?
    Muslims are starting to question themselves,
    Does Islam promote terrorism?

NO,this is not my Islam,
    These so called muslims teach how to hate and divide,
    Islam, real Muslims teach how to love and unite
    Not spread a message written in blood
    Blood of their own people
    Blood of their wives
    Blood of their children
    Blood of their families
    Blood of their sisters
    Blood of their brothers
    Blood of their mothers
    Blood of their fathers
    The blood is starting to overflow
    Starting to flood
    Starting to flow through our once peaceful lands Like a deadly snake, slithering swiftly through the land of dread and misery.

A sin is committed by those trying to spread Islam,
    Yet they do nothing but repel people from Islam.
    No, this is not my Islam.
    No, this is not how to spread Islam.
    Your Islam is Not My Islam.
    My Islam is peace and unity...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Several)
    "Your Islam is Not My Islam.
    My Islam is peace and unity..."

"Evasive actions boys, Operation infiltrate the west is off, some Chick on TSR wrote a cringey poem about Islam, so it's Game over"

"F*ck sake Abubakar, I was just about to blow up London"
    I wish you the best and hope you learn how to respect other people just like I've learned to respect other religions, after all I myself am a Christian best friends with a Muslim, seriously if you didn't know there is a world outside of media I suggest you check it out for yourself 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ameliarose201516)
    I wish you the best and hope you learn how to respect other people just like I've learned to respect other religions, after all I myself am a Christian best friends with a Muslim, seriously if you didn't know there is a world outside of media I suggest you check it out for yourself 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

When will you realise that respecting other religions doesn't combat terrorism in any way whatsoever?

ReputationRep:
    When will you realise that respecting other religions doesn't combat terrorism in any way whatsoever?
    The main reason terrorists do what they do, especially those that call themselves Muslims is in retaliation to what the west is doing to their people, u's troops are in Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen etc killing innocent people that have been caught up in the middle of the west war with terrorism, have you not seen the discrimination many Muslims face? Have you seen the violence they are objected to daily? Have you seen what groups like Britain first do to them? Tell me this, if you were constantly being tormented, violated, humiliated, killed, discriminated, objected to verbal abuse etc and no one will listen to what you say because media is always looking for the juicy gossip to spread and look for the worst in Muslims most of the time, and then there's media that tries to define what you are, would you not get angry, I in no way shape or form am trying to defend those extremists but if you seriously consider the anger they have in them then maybe you would see that if we respected them and other religions they wouldn't feel the need to retaliate with violence because afterall actions do speak louder than words, these days words don't matter, apparently actions are more important and violent actions especially are what media loves to report

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ameliarose201516)
    The main reason terrorists do what they do, especially those that call themselves Muslims is in retaliation to what the west is doing to their people, u's troops are in Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen etc killing innocent people that have been caught up in the middle of the west war with terrorism, have you not seen the discrimination many Muslims face?

Have you seen the violence they are objected to daily? Have you seen what groups like Britain first do to them? Tell me this, if you were constantly being tormented, violated, humiliated, killed, discriminated, objected to verbal abuse etc and no one will listen to what you say because media is always looking for the juicy gossip to spread and look for the worst in Muslims most of the time, and then there's media that tries to define what you are, would you not get angry, I in no way shape or form am trying to defend those extremists but if you seriously consider the anger they have in them then maybe you would see that if we respected them and other religions they wouldn't feel the need to retaliate with violence because afterall actions do speak louder than words, these days words don't matter, apparently actions are more important and violent actions especially are what media loves to report
    Ignorant dribble.

How many US troops did Belgium send to Iraq or Afghanistan? How many US troops did Nigeria and the Christians in Egypt send to Iraq and Afghanistan? How many US troops did the Jews that Muhammed beheaded in the hundreds send to Iraq and Afghanistan? If you really want to argue about terrorism please do not use the "muh foreign policy" argument to justify terrorism, because The US foreign policy has Zero effect on the 105 verses that encourage murdering non-belivers in the Qur'an.

And your other ignorant argument about what I would do if I was tormented humiliated killed etc is completely flawed and irrelevant because no one is doing that to muslims in the west, and the groups of people who actually go through such prejudice in the west like the jews and christians, hardly ever respond with violence and terrorism, in comparison to muslims murdering innocent people and commiting 28,000 acts of terrorism since 9/11

ReputationRep:
    Who won the fight here?

ReputationRep:
    Ignorant dribble.

How many US troops did Belgium send to Iraq or Afghanistan? How many US troops did Nigeria and the Christians in Egypt send to Iraq and Afghanistan? How many US troops did the Jews that Muhammed beheaded in the hundreds send to Iraq and Afghanistan? If you really want to argue about terrorism please do not use the "muh foreign policy" argument to justify terrorism, because The US foreign policy has Zero effect on the 105 verses that encourage murdering non-belivers in the Qur'an.

And your other ignorant argument about what I would do if I was tormented humiliated killed etc is completely flawed and irrelevant because no one is doing that to muslims in the west, and the groups of people who actually go through such prejudice in the west like the jews and christians, hardly ever respond with violence and terrorism, in comparison to muslims murdering innocent people and commiting 28,000 acts of terrorism since 9/11

The issue here is why do the west need to get involved in everyone's business? Really no one is doing that in the west? Have you really been that ignorant lately? Wake up search the news for yourself, see the torment they go through, even I saw it once when my own friends headscarf was pulled of her head as we were walking through the town centre as the assaulted were constantly hurling verbal abuse to her.... Terrorist groups see it as okay to kill the innocent non Muslims to try and say it's in retaliation to the killing of innocent Muslims by the US, have you really not seen the amount of innocent Muslims killed yearly? And even so terrorist groups like IS have killed their own people, they try justify their action by saying that it's what God said to do in the Quran, no he didn't say kill the innocent for if you take a life it is as if you killed the whole of humanity,We know the Quran orders believers to fight in combat against those who are the oppressors, aggressors and terrorists and those who are assaulting and killing the innocent men, women and children. But it gives out clear orders - NOT TO Fight against those who are not fighting against you.. There is not such a meaning in the Quran, ordering or even permitting the Muslims to ever attack innocent people whether they are Christians, Jews, or any other faith for that matter.Combat is only ordered against those who are attacking or killing the innocent Muslims or fighting against the established Muslim state. Have you seen the amount of Palestinians killed by Israel? The recent shootings and killings committed by the Palestinians is in retaliation to what the israelies have been doing to them for decades now, so the kkk isn't Christian? Hitler wasn't Christian? Media only shows you what they want, if you really saw what was happening to Muslims behind media you would see the difference of what media wants to show and what actually happens. If you read the Quran you would see it's totally different to what islamobhobes say, they say they read it but they haven't

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.