Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! Alexie here.

I've decided that I want to study for medicine. I already graduated with a 2:1 in Adult nursing last year and currently working as a nurse I just want to ask if any of you guys know someone who was in my position and got to study medicine? My first choice is Kings (for their graduate entry) but they said they want A-level chemistry but I didn't study it during A-levels. Plus they want to make sure my nursing is 50% chemistry, which is not. Do I have to take A-level chemistry again? Or can I just do the UKCAT?

My second choice is St.Georges, however I will have to revise for GAMSAT, meaning I have to study chemistry,physics and biology again.

I am willing to do anything just to study medicine! I believe in hardwork and determination. Any help/suggestions guys?! THANK YOU!!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...dicine-a-guide

There are lots of GEM programmes that don't require A-level chemistry, however, as you can see lots of them require either UKCAT, GAMSAT, or BMAT.

Have a look through the universities in the link above and see which YOU are BEST suited to and go from there.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Alex just discovered your post today I was wondering if you did manage to get in medicine
    (Original post by atelan)
    Hi everyone! Alexie here.

I've decided that I want to study for medicine. I already graduated with a 2:1 in Adult nursing last year and currently working as a nurse I just want to ask if any of you guys know someone who was in my position and got to study medicine? My first choice is Kings (for their graduate entry) but they said they want A-level chemistry but I didn't study it during A-levels. Plus they want to make sure my nursing is 50% chemistry, which is not. Do I have to take A-level chemistry again? Or can I just do the UKCAT?

My second choice is St.Georges, however I will have to revise for GAMSAT, meaning I have to study chemistry,physics and biology again.

I am willing to do anything just to study medicine! I believe in hardwork and determination. Any help/suggestions guys?! THANK YOU!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.