Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my name is Dawiil and I'm thinking about studying economics and politics at RHUL, I just had a few questions regarding the university:
    1- is it regarded as top university for economics and politics and in general is it considered among the elite?

2- how is the quality of teaching in these departments!

3- is there a lot of activities to do on campus, sports, debates etc?

4- what is graduate prospects like? Is respected among employers?

5-what is the commuting like from London, I want to travel from London for lessons is that a bad idea?

6- I heard its has a lot of international students, does that mean there's very small British students?

PLEASE HELP!!!!,
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Dawiil)
    Hi, my name is Dawiil and I'm thinking about studying economics and politics at RHUL, I just had a few questions regarding the university:
    1- is it regarded as top university for economics and politics and in general is it considered among the elite?

5-what is the commuting like from London, I want to travel from London for lessons is that a bad idea?

6- I heard its has a lot of international students, does that mean there's very small British students?

PLEASE HELP!!!!,
    Hi Dawiil,

As part of the University of London, Royal Holloway is well regarded both within the UK and further afield. Our Economics department has a particularly high student satisfaction score of 95% (NSS, 2015), and the Economics with Political Studies course specifically has a 91% course satisfaction score (Unistats). Additionally, both the Economics (85%) and Politics (93%) departments have high employability rates from 6 months of leaving our courses. You can find out more about the rankings for this course here.

However, Royal Holloway is more than just our rankings. Students benefit from the best of both worlds, the advantages of being part of the University of London, but also the setting of a campus university with a strong community feel, around 40 minutes from central London. Our Student's Union runs over 100 sports clubs and societies, so there is always plenty to do on campus.

With regards to commuting from London, this certainly wouldn't be an issue. Our campus is based in Egham, Surrey which is approximately 40 minutes via train from London Waterloo.

In terms of international students, approximately, 20% of our students are from outside the EU, so you'll have the opportunity to mix with students from the UK and from all over the world.

Give me a shout if you have any other questions!

Camilla

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London)
    Hi Dawiil,

As part of the University of London, Royal Holloway is well regarded both within the UK and further afield. Our Economics department has a particularly high student satisfaction score of 95% (NSS, 2015), and the Economics with Political Studies course specifically has a 91% course satisfaction score (Unistats). Additionally, both the Economics (85%) and Politics (93%) departments have high employability rates from 6 months of leaving our courses. You can find out more about the rankings for this course here.

However, Royal Holloway is more than just our rankings. Students benefit from the best of both worlds, the advantages of being part of the University of London, but also the setting of a campus university with a strong community feel, around 40 minutes from central London. Our Student's Union runs over 100 sports clubs and societies, so there is always plenty to do on campus.

With regards to commuting from London, this certainly wouldn't be an issue. Our campus is based in Egham, Surrey which is approximately 40 minutes via train from London Waterloo.

In terms of international students, approximately, 20% of our students are from outside the EU, so you'll have the opportunity to mix with students from the UK and from all over the world.

Give me a shout if you have any other questions!

Camilla
    I had another question camilla:
    Are there any exemptions from progressional exams such as ACA/ACCA/CIMA ?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    I had another question camilla:
    Are there any exemptions from progressional exams such as ACA/ACCA/CIMA ?
    Hi Dawiil,

If you have particular queries about qualifications or entry requirements, it's best to contact our admissions team as this can differ for every applicant & the course chosen. You can email [email protected] or give them a call on +44 (0)1784 414944.

I hope this helps!
    Jess

ReputationRep:

PLEASE HELP!!!!,
    I'm afraid I can't help with subject-specific enquiries, but I can say that there's plenty to do on campus in terms of sports and societies (Debating Soc was great when I was there), graduate prospects are relatively decent (mainly because of the 'University of London' tag), commuting is feasible and there are plenty who do it though of course it's a very different experience from living on campus, and yes, there is a fair proportion of international students- but there is still a majority of British students so it's quite a nice mix.*

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 6, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.