Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm finding Ramadhan really difficult as I struggle with an eating disorder? Watch

ReputationRep:
    And I don't know what to do.
    I feel really guilty not being able to fast and it makes me feel like i'm less pious than others.

ReputationRep:
    you're not really supposed to fast if fasting would affect your health so dw about it

ReputationRep:
    It is a difficult choice, isn't it? Eat sensibly and not endanger my health, or take notice of irrational superstitious rules and risk being ill. A tough one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    It is a difficult choice, isn't it? Eat sensibly and not endanger my health, or take notice of irrational superstitious rules and risk being ill. A tough one.
    Not sure whether I'd class you as a 'good bloke'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h8skoooooool)
    Call me an honest and sensible bloke then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Call me an honest and sensible bloke then.
    Perhaps a rude one, I don't think that trivialising OP's religion was necessary.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps a rude one, I don't think that trivialising OP's religion was necessary.
    Religion is just institutionalised superstition.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, he just seems like a 'grounded' bloke.

Anyway, if your God does indeed love his creation, he would surely understand if you have a legitimate medical reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tealites)
    And I don't know what to do.
    I feel really guilty not being able to fast and it makes me feel like i'm less pious than others.
    I thought you are not supposed to fast if you have medical issues that could cause
    you harm

This is clearly the case here

ReputationRep:
    If your religious doctrine/leaders won't allow you to eat even if it causes medical suffering, then you should have a problem with your religious doctrine/leaders. Even Christianity/Judaism have certain allowances for situations where religious traditions shouldn't be followed where health/wellbeing is directly affected.

Judging by the posts here, it's perfectly religiously consistent to avoid the fast if you genuinely have an eating or metabolic disorder.

One of Good Bloke's religious Commandments in his religion is to attack other religions. It is not rude, it is something his God hath unto him commanded. You are showing an extreme disrespect towards his religious beliefs, a bigotry and maybe even racism towards followers of the Spaghetti Monster

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.