Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have just noticed something, We don't have a chess club, so I thought I would make one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I have just noticed something, We don't have a chess club, so I thought I would make one.
    it sounds a good idea although id much rather prefere draughts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    it sounds a good idea although id much rather prefere draughts
    draughts is pure luck, by chess requires a lot of skill.

I haven't played chess since primary school, but i was good at it then, maybe now is a good idea to rekindle my intrest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I haven't played chess since primary school, but i was good at it then, maybe now is a good idea to rekindle my intrest.
    I am just addicted to chess, it is the best board based game ever.

ReputationRep:
    I'm one of those sad people that used to have the 'electronic sensor' chess board.

I am just addicted to chess, it is the best board based game ever.
    Many years ago i'd have agreed with you, in fact, i still do.

(Original post by timeofyourlife)
    I'm one of those sad people that used to have the 'electronic sensor' chess board.
    Snap, though my one got stuck on the hardest diffculty and i'm yet to defeat it.

ReputationRep:
    No harm in that.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, me too.

ReputationRep:
    So, know any free online chess sites?

ReputationRep:
    I would like to learn to play chess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    I would like to learn to play chess.
    I could teach you if you so wish, although it can be slightly complex at times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Snap, though my one got stuck on the hardest diffculty and i'm yet to defeat it.
    (Original post by wiwirin_mir)
    No harm in that.
    i lost one of the pawns and replaced it with a battery - only thing i could get to work on the 'magnetic' board.

hmmm..they weren't exactly 'cool' in Year 6 - but we did have a class-organised 'chess championship'. Oh, what rebellious pre-teens we all were hehe

ReputationRep:
    draughts is pure luck, by chess requires a lot of skill.
    draughts is not pure luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    draughts is not pure luck
    Well, all of the peices do the same thing initially, it hardly gives the same degree of strategy as chess does.

ReputationRep:
    Well, all of the peices do the same thing initially, it hardly gives the same degree of strategy as chess does.
    ill beat you at draughts anyday

ReputationRep:
    I could teach you if you so wish, although it can be slightly complex at times.
    You can teach me online?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    You can teach me online?
    Not very easily unfortunately. Anyway, I am not very goos at expalining things.

ReputationRep:
    Not very easily unfortunately. Anyway, I am not very goos at expalining things.

Thats ok . Thanks for offering though.

I might be able to teach you online if you really want to have a go trying. Actually, i can't be bothered sorry, but if you PM me to ask i'll do it when i can be bothered sometime tomorrow.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.