The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I was in the chess team at primary school, we got to the national schools semi-finals :cool:

Went to secondary school and nothing, plus chess players are regarded as geeks there :rolleyes:
Reply 21
tis_me_lord
I might be able to teach you online if you really want to have a go trying. Actually, i can't be bothered sorry, but if you PM me to ask i'll do it when i can be bothered sometime tomorrow.

one of my friends when he found out I played chess told me yahoo chess is good
Reply 22
me!

one of my friends when he found out I played chess told me yahoo chess is good

Also shockwave chess is good as well, and doesn't require you to sign up.
Me!
I was in the chess team at primary school, we got to the national schools semi-finals

I played in some competition against adults mainly, but didn't do very well, i won by first game and then it went horribly wrong. :frown:

When pitted against fellow pickles, however, i owned.
Reply 24
tis_me_lord
I played in some competition against adults mainly, but didn't do very well, i won by first game and then it went horribly wrong. :frown:

When pitted against fellow pickles, however, i owned.
This guy at my old school was like a super genius at chess and I used to go to a chess club with him, I got bored of playing with the other kids so I played his dad and I beat him, except some of my friends didn't believe I had beaten him because the dad was supposed to be better than the super genius.

I have 2 brothers, one is 5/6 years older than me and when I was a lot younger like 6/7 I used to play him at chess and always beat him, then he beat me up because I had won :frown: My dad refused to play me from about the age of 9 because he couldn't take it that I could beat him

Reply 25
me!
This guy at my old school was like a super genius at chess and I used to go to a chess club with him, I got bored of playing with the other kids so I played his dad and I beat him, except some of my friends didn't believe I had beaten him because the dad was supposed to be better than the super genius.

I have 2 brothers, one is 5/6 years older than me and when I was a lot younger like 6/7 I used to play him at chess and always beat him, then he beat me up because I had won My dad refused to play me from about the age of 9 because he couldn't take it that I could beat him

lol that's so sweet, you little chess champion. Some people are just sore losers, my dad always used to let me win when i was worse then him, and i became able to give him a good game, then became better - but he never stop wanting to play me. :smile:

My mum's rubbish, she protected her queen more than her king, wasting the best piece, and then she poked me in the eye with a knight once because i took her precious queen after about 15 moves. As for my sister, her and chess don't belong in the same sentence, "Stop calling those knights, they're horses!"
Reply 27
tis_me_lord
I might be able to teach you online if you really want to have a go trying. Actually, i can't be bothered sorry, but if you PM me to ask i'll do it when i can be bothered sometime tomorrow.

Loving the honesty!

What would i teach you in return?
Sarky
What would i teach you in return?

Um...the cure for a UKL addiction, i don't want to overtake piginapoke on posts per day! :frown:
Reply 29
wiwarin_mir

I'm playing there now...
Reply 30
tis_me_lord
Um...the cure for a UKL addiction, i don't want to overtake piginapoke on posts per day! :frown:

Well, the cure would be to get a firewall with site blocking abilities and just block UKL.
Reply 31
me!

I'm playing there now...

want a game?
Reply 32
tis_me_lord

That would suggest i have a life...
wiwarin_mir
Well, the cure would be to get a firewall with site blocking abilities and just block UKL.

I'd actually rather be obsessed with it. :redface:

Sarky
That would suggest i have a life...

Oh woops, silly me, didn't mean to imply that! :smile:
yes hello, i love chess and am amazing at it - i won my old schools chess championship and also my prep schools
Reply 35
John Paul Jones
yes hello, i love chess and am amazing at it - i won my old schools chess championship and also my prep schools

If you're up for it, do you want a game.
Reply 36
tis_me_lord
I haven't played chess since primary school, but i was good at it then, maybe now is a good idea to rekindle my intrest.

I haven't played since then, played for my county in some championship though :cool: ....how uncool is that? lol
Reply 37
wiwarin_mir
If you're up for it, do you want a game.

I'll take a game as soon as I figure out how to use it.
Reply 38
wiwarin_mir
I have just noticed something, We don't have a chess club, so I thought I would make one.

Oh my god YAY! I have to join!!!1
I bet i could beat practically anybody on here..... i think i spend too much time playing the game ...can't be healthy :redface:

PS: What's everyone's fave opening? I play Benko alot right now
Reply 39
wiwarin_mir

Best place to play is www.chessclub.com. (paid but u can play as a guest).
Get membership if you love chess tho...worth it for sure.

FICs (freechess.org) used to be okay...but I'm sure someone told me they are going paid/ have just become paid...which sucks when the players aren't even that good.

Playsite.com sucks cuz people are either crap or Fritz you. Same with yahoo.

Playchess.com is cool, but u only have 30 days full acess before u gotta pay. U get a whole year if you've got Fritz.

Latest

Trending

Trending