Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossLady)
    Oh my god YAY! I have to join!!!1
    I bet i could beat practically anybody on here..... i think i spend too much time playing the game ...can't be healthy

PS: What's everyone's fave opening? I play Benko alot right now
    I have my own personal opening. I would be more than glad to show it to anybody who wants to play me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    I have my own personal opening. I would be more than glad to show it to anybody who wants to play me.
    Do you wish for a game now, while our wits are sharp?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Do you wish for a game now, while our wits are sharp?
    The thing doesn't seem to want to load.

ReputationRep:
    The thing doesn't seem to want to load.
    have you got shockwave installed?

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the graphics on the shockwave.com one....i much prefer birds eye view. I've got a long neck so when I play tournaments I can look over the board from more of a birds eye view than a side one. Plus I see the board in my mind from the top.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the graphics on the shockwave.com one....i much prefer birds eye view. I've got a long neck so when I play tournaments I can look over the board from more of a birds eye view than a side one. Plus I see the board in my mind from the top.
    There are just no pleasing some people is there.

ReputationRep:
    have you got shockwave installed?
    I think so, but I don't have the most recent version. The movie preview is playing but nothing else will load.

Edit: Let me try again. It appears my internet disconnected.

ReputationRep:
    There are just no pleasing some people is there.

I despise playsite.com and yahoo games, but at least with those you get a birds eye view!! :rolleyes:

Btw if you're that into chess...and if you haven't already...you should buy Fritz.

ReputationRep:
    Ill give someone a game. Anyone?

ReputationRep:

I despise playsite.com and yahoo games, but at least with those you get a birds eye view!! :rolleyes:

Btw if you're that into chess...and if you haven't already...you should buy Fritz.
    Well, if I had the money I might do, but since I do not, I shall have to pass.

ReputationRep:
    I guess it is a no-go for me tonight. I'm having to download the shockwave plug -in for mozilla firefox and that is going to take an hour.

ReputationRep:
    I guess it is a no-go for me tonight. I'm having to download the shockwave plug -in for mozilla firefox and that is going to take an hour.
    Stupid 56K

ReputationRep:
    Add me please.I want to join the Chess Club.
    BTW,I like playing Bridge too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jinsisi)
    Add me please.I want to join the Chess Club.
    BTW,I like playing Bridge too.
    i don't think there's actually a member's list yet, so i'll make one up (those who seemed like they would want to join):

wiwarin mir
    alio
    tisme lord
    timeofyourlife
    mc watson87
    sarky
    (TheWolf) ???
    me!
    John Paul Jones
    kez-man
    moncal
    BossLady
    thenarbisbanned
    jinsisi
    mockel
    fatboyslim
    (Furtive) ???
    damaster275

btw, if anyone wants to play online, Instant Chess is good, but the annoying this is the longer you stay unregistered, the longer they make you wait to start the game....can't really explain it- you'll have to see for yourselves...

ReputationRep:
    yeh i wanna join too. Add me please.
    not very good any more but should be able to pick it up
    won tournaments as a kid and played for hertfordshire A

Also can we decide on a online host that we all play on!!! so we all equally weigted with ratings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatboyslim)
    yeh i wanna join too. Add me please.
    not very good any more but should be able to pick it up
    won tournaments as a kid and played for hertfordshire A

Also can we decide on a online host that we all play on!!! so we all equally weigted with ratings.
    i've added you....i think we should wait till more people come online to decide on where we should play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockel)
    Instant Chess is good, but the annoying this is the longer you stay unregistered, the longer they make you wait to start the game....can't really explain it- you'll have to see for yourselves...
    not really instant then, is it?

i would join, but im crap at chess.

ReputationRep:
    A long necked female that is about to study CS and plays Chess. Yum!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    not really instant then, is it?

i would join, but im crap at chess.
    hehe, no...but it is for the first few times, and if you register...
    besides, the 'instant' part is for choosing your opponent...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Furtive)
    A long necked female that is about to study CS and plays Chess. Yum!
    Furtive, i added you to the list, becasue the i think i remember reading somewhere that you liked chess (???), and you obviously have a fetish for girls who play chess

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.