Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirbz)
    Ahhh.. good ol' chess. My ex-boyfriend will be president of Warwick uni chess club next year, he loves it, never stops talking about it.
    I am not great at chess, I just like playing it. Welcome back btw.

ReputationRep:
    chess bores me :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polljk)
    chess bores me :P
    that's because you are not good at it, maybe I should give you a game when we are drunk.

ReputationRep:
    I will play anybody as long as it's not speed chess because I suck at that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I am not great at chess, I just like playing it. Welcome back btw.
    I'm not quite fully back yet, computer still being repaired, kupo_nut is in america :mad: so i'm all lonely atm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirbz)
    I'm not quite fully back yet, computer still being repaired, kupo_nut is in america :mad: so i'm all lonely atm!
    I was wondering where he had gone actually.

ReputationRep:
    So are you guys actually organising a bit of chess? I'll play. Though I'm not very good at chess unfortunately. Here you have one gracious loser that enjoys being thrashed :P

ReputationRep:
    i played drinking chess a lot last week, but by the end my main concern was sitting upright as opposed to winning. though losing is not advisable- losers drink the remaining pieces on the board. hehehe

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried "Go" wiwarin? It's big in Japan, apparently!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    I can't say I have actually, I may check it out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I can't say I have actually, I may check it out.
    There's even an anime based on it, it's called "Hikaru no Go"

Enjoy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    There's even an anime based on it, it's called "Hikaru no Go"

Enjoy
    Is that the one where you point in different directions?

ReputationRep:
    I was well good till year 5 and my primary school won all the borough awards/championships then didn't play will year 10 and then we won the London, UK and European panathlon competetion (I expect some of your schools competed.) Anyway I'm probably **** now, especially when the time limit is anywhere below 20mins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    Go originated in China. But it's not that big anymore. Used to be the only board game before Chinese Chess was invented. It is the undisputed King of Strategic Games. Interestingly, this is one of the few games computers are really shite at.

Can I join the club?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Is that the one where you point in different directions?
    It's a bit like Othello. You have a 19x19 board and one person is black and one is white and you try to surround your opponents pieces.

Code:
    x 
    xox
     x
    Say X is black and O is white, X would take O's piece in that situation, but obviously it's a bit more difficult than that

I'm rubbish at it (along with all board games).

ReputationRep:
    where could we play chess over the internet with each other.. we could start a UKL chess legue

ReputationRep:
    http://games.yahoo.com

Has most board games on there. I'll pass though

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.