Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm currently in year 11 but will be going to sixth form in September, I need to make my choices as to what subjects I want to study. Some universities offer specific courses for sport education but others don't so I was wondering if anybody knew what sort of course would be accepted if I apply for a job in the future. Also any advice on what A levels to take relating to this would be appreciated, thanks! I Alia like the idea of living in London or another city like Birmingham or Manchester maybe? Has anybody had experience at Uni in any of these areas?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    I think LJMU does?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Loughborough used to be the classic PE teacher place.

Have you asked your PE teachers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloe_xx25)
    Hi, I'm currently in year 11 but will be going to sixth form in September, I need to make my choices as to what subjects I want to study. Some universities offer specific courses for sport education but others don't so I was wondering if anybody knew what sort of course would be accepted if I apply for a job in the future. Also any advice on what A levels to take relating to this would be appreciated, thanks!
    I know brighton is good for teaching course related to pe...
    If you're going to do a BA in something like physical secondary education then they're not going to care which subjects you do but obviously if its relevant to teaching and pe then it will help - just do subjects you think you can get a good grade in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    I know brighton is good for teaching course related to pe...
    If you're going to do a BA in something like physical secondary education then they're not going to care which subjects you do but obviously if its relevant to teaching and pe then it will help - just do subjects you think you can get a good grade in
    Thank you 🙂 I will look into Brighton, I know that some universities like Brunel want either a science or maths in order to apply to the youth sport course, so I will look around to see about different entry requirements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unprinted)
    Loughborough used to be the classic PE teacher place.

Have you asked your PE teachers?
    I did look at Loughborough but I think it's a bit too close to home for my liking, I have talked to some they said Bedford(also quite close to me) and Aberystwyth as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    I think LJMU does?
    Where's that?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you 🙂 I will look into Brighton, I know that some universities like Brunel want either a science or maths in order to apply to the youth sport course, so I will look around to see about different entry requirements
    tbh for teaching courses they don't care too much about the grades - its more about experience and you're willingness to the sector so most places will offer something in terms of ucas points which means you're under less pressure to ace the exams

ReputationRep:
    When I go to sixth form I'm planning on becoming a sports officer and doing a sports leader qualification, do you think that will help?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Where's that?
    It's Liverpool John Moores University.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    It's Liverpool John Moores University.
    Oh okay, thanks 🙂

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay, thanks 🙂
    My advice is loughborouh. I hear it's very nice. It won university of the year too.

I know little about LJMU but I've been in liverpool and i thought it was a **** hole. Maybe the actual uni is ok but it wouldn't be enough for me to stay in Liverpool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucabrasi98)
    My advice is loughborouh. I hear it's very nice. It won university of the year too.

I know little about LJMU but I've been in liverpool and i thought it was a **** hole. Maybe the actual uni is ok but it wouldn't be enough for me to stay in Liverpool
    Thank you, I think I should maybe consider Loughborough even though it's so close to home because it sounds so good

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 23, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.