Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    *Sorry for the double-posting - mods please delete - should have been a poll with this thread too but computer went crazy!*

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I want to go to university as soon as humanly possible, and it doesn't seem too bad a place to spend 3 years. (sheffield, btw )

ReputationRep:
    I'm willing to go anywhere at the moment. I think the next year will be another gap year for me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowjamz)
    *Sorry for the double-posting - mods please delete - should have been a poll with this thread too but computer went crazy!*
    I would be disappointed but I would go there - Queen Mary for the same course (english). I'd feel much better about going there if I'd had the chance to sort out all my accommodation issues before, as with my 1st choice, though.. Some of the rooms at QM have en suites with baths in, would have loved to guarantee one of those (would have softened the blow of going to insurance considerably).

ReputationRep:
    Yes - what's the point of having an insurance offer if you wouldn't be happy going there?

ReputationRep:
    I would go for my insurance if I don't meet the firm offer.

ReputationRep:
    I would quite happily go to my insurance (UEA) but I have already met the requirements for my firm so unless Kent Uni burns down or is swallowed up by some other natural disaster...I won't be going there.

ReputationRep:
    urmm...reluctant to go to my insurance (Manchester Met), It was a rash decision which I know regret. The fact is, if I don't get into my firm for Law, I would not study it - I'd just do a Geography degree instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misbah Imtiaz)
    urmm...reluctant to go to my insurance (Manchester Met), It was a rash decision which I know regret. The fact is, if I don't get into my firm for Law, I would not study it - I'd just do a Geography degree instead.
    Hope you get into Leeds. It's an ace place to study!

ReputationRep:
    I would be very depressed about it but I'd go (Warwick) for fear of turning them down then ending up somewhere worse. My main regret is not applying to Imperial/LSE, so I always wonder if I don't get into firm I should take a year out and try for those two, but it's too much of a rick.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have an insurance because the 2 available offers for my insurance slot were crap or I could get into them via Clearing. I'm not sure whether I will get into my firm choice since it requires an A in Maths and I messed up P3. Anyways, by not having an insurance, I have the option of checking out some really interesting courses offered at Clearing and if nothing good comes, then I'm sure I would still be able to get into Greenwich (which was one of my insurance offers) as a last resort.

ReputationRep:
    I would have gone to mine (Durham), but I already have my results so I know I won't have to

I'm certainly not going to my insurance because I don't have one. If I miss the grades I plan a gap year and repeating maths modules.

ReputationRep:
    Nah I dont wanna go to my insurance anymore, once you set your heart on going to your firm uni and working as hard as you can to get to THAT uni the thought of going anywhere else just doesnt appeal :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt mind going to my insurance as its loughborough and i am on target to get the grades, but instead im off to the UEA.

ReputationRep:
    If I don't get into York, I'm not sure I'd even go to my insurance (Leeds). My parents think I'm stupid, but I mean, York is perfect for me! No other Uni can even compare to it; it has everything I want! Sigh ....

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.