Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the difference between a fat English woman and a fat Pakistani woman? Watch

ReputationRep:
    No difference because they are both human. Emotionally however, there might be a difference.. due to Culture mainly.

Being fat is not usually good for your health, so in both cases it is wise to stay healthy and lose some weight.

A fat British woman is more inclined to purchase diet pills or go on a diet? is that fair to say?

Usually, having children can cause women to gain weight. It is fair to say that both English and Pakistani women can have many children and therefor increase their chances of gaining weight.

Who is most inclined to want to lose weight in order to fit it to society and to appear more attractive?

I am wanting to find out if being fat effects everybody the same or is it dependent on culture? What are your views?

ReputationRep:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    What's up with the weird threads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iknowbest)
    No difference because they are both human. Emotionally however, there might be a difference.. due to Culture mainly.

Being fat is not usually good for your health, so in both cases it is wise to stay healthy and lose some weight.

A fat British woman is more inclined to purchase diet pills or go on a diet? is that fair to say?

Usually, having children can cause women to gain weight. It is fair to say that both English and Pakistani women can have many children and therefor increase their chances of gaining weight.

Who is most inclined to want to lose weight in order to fit it to society and to appear more attractive?

I am wanting to find out if being fat effects everybody the same or is it dependent on culture? What are your views?
    The weed. Stop smoking it...

As for cultural differences, it may be prudent to check if there's any actual research that has been carried out rather than just speculating.

ReputationRep:
    I....don't.....I don't even.......

ReputationRep:
    I actually studied eating habits in psychology and no, I don't think that your question is weird.
    Apparently, Asian adults are more prone to obesity compared to white people. Aswell as that white people tend to have an ideal body beauty standard which is a slim toned body, so white females generally have a higher chance of developing bulimia or anorexia nervosa. Just in the western culture, women feel more compelled to conform to western beauty standards such as being skinner in comparison, to collectivist cultures such as Pakistan.
    So yes, to answer your question, being fat does effect women depending on cultural reasons.

ReputationRep:
    I expected a funny and got hit with non-funny

ReputationRep:
    If I was Pakistani/Indian I would be obese too, their food is just :love::love::love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucarious30)
    I expected a funny and got hit with non-funny
    How I feel most days

ReputationRep:
    This was a joke guys chill.

He wanted you to click it expectin a little "THE ENGLISH WOMEN BREXIT A SCALE HAHAHAHAHAHAH"

but its even funnier now he's got a serious description lol!

ReputationRep:
    There was an Englishman an Irishman and a Pakistani........

What a wonderful example of an integrated community,

ReputationRep:
    Well we really have a problem if people can't take this seriously! The youth of today hey?!!

look back at this question when you are able to understand that EVERYTHING happens for a REASON..

When we can find the REASONS for things.. we begin to understand them a lot more and it opens your mind. You will become more tolerant of other people and actually accept that just because somebody is different, there is a fundamental reason why and that it is actually out of their control sometimes.

Show some respect and treat my thread seriously!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    I actually studied eating habits in psychology and no, I don't think that your question is weird.
    Apparently, Asian adults are more prone to obesity compared to white people. Aswell as that white people tend to have an ideal body beauty standard which is a slim toned body, so white females generally have a higher chance of developing bulimia or anorexia nervosa. Just in the western culture, women feel more compelled to conform to western beauty standards such as being skinner in comparison, to collectivist cultures such as Pakistan.
    So yes, to answer your question, being fat does effect women depending on cultural reasons.
    Thank you for this information.. let's hope more people can find it useful..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iknowbest)

So what we've gathered here is anyone can be fat, having kids increases your chance of being fat and western women are more keen on losing weight

ReputationRep:
    My auntys fat and shes Pakistani

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    there maybe all these cultural influences, but at the end of the day uk is one of the most obese nations in the wolrd, in similar league to usa and australia which have similar cultures. east asian culture seems to be least obese culures ( although that is changing too as they become more westernised)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.