Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, I just found out officially that I will have to resit my year 1 at university; prior to this I did a foundation year.

'The recent Assessment Board was advised that you are referred or deferred in more than 60 credits'

I think my first semester went okay but I started struggling with mental health / depression in semester two, I didn't get help, I didn't tell my parents and I haven't told my parents yet I have to resit my year. From what I believe, you only get 4 years worth of funding so even if pass the resit year and the year after that; I wouldn't be able to progress on to Year 3 would I?

I'm really unsure what to do and feel absolutely crap, any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    do you net have the option to resit the exam in August?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, do you get the option to resit? Don't see why you wouldn't be allowed to. I mean, I *ucked up a single exam in a 15 credit module this year and am resitting in around 3 weeks (don't have timetable yet but still...).
    Anyway, it's 60 credits which I assume is 2 modules (2 30 credits exams, maybe more pending if you had Jan exams) so, not impossible. A mate of mine has to resit 4 exams (90 credits with of exams...) and is going to be resitting them. Albeit we're both in our second year...

So, you're not officially out unless you're not given the opportunity to resit them. I would talk to the head of your course and ask. =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VexedM8)
    So, I just found out officially that I will have to resit my year 1 at university; prior to this I did a foundation year.

'The recent Assessment Board was advised that you are referred or deferred in more than 60 credits'

I think my first semester went okay but I started struggling with mental health / depression in semester two, I didn't get help, I didn't tell my parents and I haven't told my parents yet I have to resit my year. From what I believe, you only get 4 years worth of funding so even if pass the resit year and the year after that; I wouldn't be able to progress on to Year 3 would I?

I'm really unsure what to do and feel absolutely crap, any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.
    You will get funding for the final year. I mean, I know people who done the Foundation Year one my course and are going onto a placement year essentially making it a 5 year course. So, yes you will get funding. =)
    Or at least you should do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Yeah, do you get the option to resit? Don't see why you wouldn't be allowed to. I mean, I *ucked up a single exam in a 15 credit module this year and am resitting in around 3 weeks (don't have timetable yet but still...).
    Anyway, it's 60 credits which I assume is 2 modules (2 30 credits exams, maybe more pending if you had Jan exams) so, not impossible. A mate of mine has to resit 4 exams (90 credits with of exams...) and is going to be resitting them. Albeit we're both in our second year...

So, you're not officially out unless you're not given the opportunity to resit them. I would talk to the head of your course and ask. =)
    The e-mail didn't state if I could resit and I think I failed modules in general, I don't have too many exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VexedM8)
    The e-mail didn't state if I could resit and I think I failed modules in general, I don't have too many exams.
    I'd recommend emailing or phoning your course leader and asking about retakes. When you say you failed the modules in general, I assume this means CW too (although you should have received the marks back from those by now) so, it doesn't mean you can't do it, it will require effort but try it anyway. =)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.