Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why are there always spoiled votes ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Why does some idiot always not know how to vote properly ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by democracyforum)
    most of the time people spoil votes in an act of rebellion against the system or if they don't want to vote for any of the options available

ReputationRep:
    Some people are either too stupid or too ignorant to grasp the importance of the decision they're making.

ReputationRep:
    I know, ridiculous how someone with an IQ above 1 can vote leave.

ReputationRep:
    People who are not very intelligent think that spoiling their ballot makes a political statement. Imagine the person counting the votes, ''Oh my god :cry: someone has spoiled their ballot :afraid: people are feeling disenfranchised with the electoral system''

Yeah no

ReputationRep:
    In some cases it is because people don't understand the rules. For example if your cross covers more than one box, the ballot paper is spoilt. However if you draw a penis next to your chosen candidate/option, the vote will count.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/09/voter-...ry-mp-5188845/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRFT8)
    I know, ridiculous how someone with an IQ above 1 can vote leave.
    k m8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    In some cases it is because people don't understand the rules. For example if your cross covers more than one box, the ballot paper is spoilt. However if you draw a penis next to your chosen candidate/option, the vote will count.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    However if you draw a penis next to your chosen candidate/option, the vote will count.
    phew ! that's OK then :borat:

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, I've more respect for someone who's deliberately spoiled their ballot than someone who just cba to vote because Russel Brand doesn't.

While I fully agree that if 1% of the votes are spoiled the response will be "1% of the UK are too thick to put a cross in a box", if you suddenly got 20%+ being spoiled I think that would act as a fairly powerful statement.

But anyway, the reason I would hope is mostly people trying to make a statement and not people being too thick to put a cross in a box.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by democracyforum)
    I think it's more people trying to make a statement about the current system rather than actual stupidity tbh. That being said, spoiling the ballot paper today is rather dumb, this isn't your typical general election crap
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    They do tally spoiled ballots. 0.3% at the last GE.

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 14.29.16.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  61.7 KB

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.