Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Really stuck between these two A levels, I'm also taking history, business and english language and I can't seem to make a decision between the two.

ReputationRep:
    I can only speak for bio, but I'd advise you to only take it if you enjoy and have done well at GCSE. Many people struggled with the volume of content you have to learn and if you aren't interested in the subject then your unlikely to do well. On the other hand if you are interested in biology then I would recommend it, I found it to my most interesting subject this year especially human biology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmarough)
    Really stuck between these two A levels, I'm also taking history, business and english language and I can't seem to make a decision between the two.

Hiya! I do both biology and psychology- your decision should be based on which one you find more interesting, not what looks nice- because trust me, you don't want to be revising for something you find completely abysmal.
    Ask your teachers what boards you are doing- I can speak for Bio OCR and Psych AQA:

Biology OCR has a lot of content, but if you're good at biology and can grasp more detailed concepts, it's fine! The OCR exam is a bit terrifying though, lool. I'm not good at maths, and there is certainly a lot of maths involved in the new specification, but to be honest- bearable.

Psychology AQA also has a ton of content, and a hell of a lot of memorising, especially studies and evaluation points- but you should be fine if you find memorising easy. I really like psychology, it's soooooo strange which makes it even easier to remember, =D

Good luck
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by emmarough)
    My friends who do humanities subjects and biology have said that they find it hard, don't like it and will be dropping it. Two of them do psychology too and they like it more, one wants to go into psychology and I think the other just finds it easier and more interesting.

It could obviously be different for you! I do both and I would say they are both equally interesting but biology is definitely harder. They both have lots to memorise, but biology application questions are difficult.

As long as you're interested in the subject, are good at it and like it and think you'll work hard for it, you should be fine. Go for biology if you want something more challenging, different to your other subjects and sciency. But I would probably choose psychology if it were me, easier and more essay based so that it's playing to your strengths but also contains biopsychology and some maths so it has biology too.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.