Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I read the Daily Express as its not a low life paper (eg The Sun) yet also not too intensive to read (eg The Times).

My days of reading the Daily Mirror came to an end after I realised that all I am reading about is pure and utter cheese. I don't give a crap if Huge Grant is holidaying in Greece or if Jordan has had more plastic surgery.

I read the same as you, for the same reasons. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    There was a poll (hole poll not doll poll ) done on this a few weeks back.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.uk-learning.net/t36669.html

ReputationRep:
    The Daily Telegraph

ReputationRep:
    I am a guardian man myself.

ReputationRep:
    I just watch Sky News. reading a news paper is far too much effort...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I am a guardian man myself.
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My family used to get News Of The World until I rebelled a few years ago and we got the Sunday Express instead (not that it's much better). Other than that it's the local paper and I like reading The Guardian every now and then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by capslock)
    :rolleyes:
    The guardian is the only paper that hasn't lowered itself to attract more customers, it is a great paper.

ReputationRep:
    The Guardian wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't filled with left-wing crap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    Better than right-wing crap anyday...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    Better than right-wing crap anyday...
    definitely, and the guardian has the best weekend suppliment around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    definitely, and the guardian has the best weekend suppliment around.
    Yes - and although their league table isn't much to shout about, I quite like reading the Education section lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    Yes - and although their league table isn't much to shout about, I quite like reading the Education section lol
    Yep, although I have the Time educational suppliment for that.

ReputationRep:
    Its got to be the Times. We have the token system stuff so we get one everyday. I usually manage t read through the whole thing everyday.

And yeah, i generally read through the two local newspapers thet get dropped through the letterbox, although 90% of the newspaper is adverts.

ReputationRep:
    Our local paper is quite good, it's always doing articles on Peter Kay, Phoenix Nights, Vernon Kay, music, cinema...and sog now you can guess where I live. The paper is better than the town :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    I read the Guardian but I agree about it being a bit too openly left-wing.
    I just like it because its quite student-orientated and sadly most students are left-wing because it's the thing to be...

As for foreign newspapers, I sometimes read the Montreal Gazette (one of the oldest newspapers in North America) and the Boston Globe isn't too crap.

I sometimes read Le Monde but it's so bloody anti-american that it just annoys me every time I read it. Every article has a sly little comment that they probably think is really clever.

ReputationRep:
    The Independant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaTTT)
    The Independant
    I think you mean The Independent

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.