Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering how people feel about talking to people online? On a website like this I guess it's more safe as most people are students but what do you think? I guess it's a good way to make new friends... But can be dangerous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloe_xx25)
    Just wondering how people feel about talking to people online? On a website like this I guess it's more safe as most people are students but what do you think? I guess it's a good way to make new friends... But can be dangerous
    Lmao, just because Bogdan, 76, from Albania says he is an 'A-level student', doesn't mean he is.

ReputationRep:
    yeah it seems even on here users can be dodgy (like, overnight or in the morning spam machines are able to occupy plenty of usernames, or some users keep on circumventing bans)
    Your judgment should help you figure out who is genuine and who isn't, if you want you can move your conversations with some user on here away from TSR by exchanging other accounts through private messaging for instance.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say talking is okay but only if it's like chats or pm or forums, basically places you don't put your real name in.

Maybe I'll change my opinion when I'm older or something but, atm, I feel that talking is okay but actually meeting with the people you met online or actually letting them know your real name is a bit risky.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar 😞

ReputationRep:
    I'm not fussed about it, in fact, a vast majority of my close friends are from online, specifically from here, and have met a user from this site.

If you're concerned about how dangerous it can be, then just limit how much information you give about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Actually, there is a common misconception of the internet being a dangerous place for people to make new friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Lmao, just because Bogdan, 76, from Albania says he is an 'A-level student', doesn't mean he is.

ReputationRep:

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.