Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My ex ended things very suddenly and I was really upset. when we spoke about it later he explained that he had really liked me but thought we were too different to be in a relationship.

I'm really upset still :,(

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear this, but it is what it is. I suggest you spend time with friends, get more involved in your work/hobbies and generally try to think about other things and enjoy yourself. Time is a great healer.
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    Don't know what to say, it must be so raw.

Force yourself to get up in the morning and get dressed/showered etc as if you were going outdoors (even if you don't). Do something you enjoy.

Then do something you couldn't have done because your ex didn't like it or wouldn't let you when you're ready. Strangely therapeutic.

ReputationRep:
    Awww 😿
    My advice may not be so good as I have little relationship experience but it may have been easier for you if it weren't so sudden. A breakup is always hard but I guess the only bright side is that he told you he likes you and didn't lead you on too much 😔 Talk to a sibling or friend about it or go to to the cinema etc. You probably thought he was the one but if it's not right for the both of you just move on- there r plenty more fish in the sea
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My ex ended things very suddenly and I was really upset. when we spoke about it later he explained that he had really liked me but thought we were too different to be in a relationship.

I'm really upset still :,(
    Dont worry babe Im free if ya keen lol can satisfy you emotionally and physically

ReputationRep:
    Just remember it's the same physically as going Cold Turkey over anything.
    Alcohol, drugs, smoking, coffee, cake, Game of Thrones. :cookie::banghead:

You're going to miss it like mad and your body will keep shaking and not be able to think of anything else to do. :afraid:

Keep busy.
    Go and snog someone unsuitable.

It will hurt for a good long time.:yep:
    But it gets better....

.... and eventually you'll think Ergh! what was I thinking of....:eek:

ReputationRep:
    You need to get on with life and get some dignity

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 23, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.