Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do people assume i don't eat? Watch

ReputationRep:
    They assume that when i'm cooking something for myself like an omelette then i haven't gone to tea. but why? (i live in a boarding house so we have tea at the dining hall then we come back to the boarding house)
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by dskinner)
    They assume that when i'm cooking something for myself like an omelette then i haven't gone to tea. but why? (i live in a boarding house so we have tea at the dining hall then we come back to the boarding house)
    :hmmmm2: that is very strange, to be honest. Maybe they are just making conversation?

Anyway, chances are they won't ask the same thing more than once.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    :hmmmm2: that is very strange, to be honest. Maybe they are just making conversation?

Anyway, chances are they won't ask the same thing more than once.
    Very strange indeed, maybe the look at me and think i don't eat a lot because i appear thin....

that however is false there are many different people who ask me this but sometimes it's the same person asking me
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Very strange indeed, maybe the look at me and think i don't eat a lot because i appear thin....

that however is false there are many different people who ask me this but sometimes it's the same person asking me

Maybe they are concerned. Maybe they are just curious.
    If someone asked me that more than once I'd sarcastically say 'hmm.. I'm getting a strange sense of deja vu' and leave it at that.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they are concerned. Maybe they are just curious.
    If someone asked me that more than once I'd sarcastically say 'hmm.. I'm getting a strange sense of deja vu' and leave it at that.
    That i'm eating a lot? xD

i just say i went to tea aswell and then they're like oh ok i see and then i eat my omelette anyway ^-^
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    That i'm eating a lot? xD

i just say i went to tea aswell and then they're like oh ok i see and then i eat my omelette anyway ^-^
    No... not eating enough, if they're asking if you've skipped meals.

:dontknow: I wouldn't read too much into it to be honest, even if a lot of people are saying it.

ReputationRep:
    No... not eating enough, if they're asking if you've skipped meals.

:dontknow: I wouldn't read too much into it to be honest, even if a lot of people are saying it.
    haha i always complain the food at the dining hall is **** but then again i still eat it. for the sake of sustenance i say.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    haha i always complain the food at the dining hall is **** but then again i still eat it. for the sake of sustenance i say.
    Fairs, catered food is not always that great.

ReputationRep:
    Fairs, catered food is not always that great.
    well the first week was pretty decent and then they just dropped off hard from there and it got to the level where it was worse than the previous caters we had....

i mean i don't want 2 croissants for breakfast, because to me that doesn't constitute a proper breakfast for me, also i don't want a continental i'm not eating a few slices of ham and a tiddly little bit of fruit and cheese for breakfast that's not going to keep anyone going

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.