Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Makeup Troubles- Having problems finding a good foundation, Any suggestions? watch

ReputationRep:
    OK so i barely wear makeup, ever! But i have 2 family birthday's coming up, a date coming up and a really important uni gathering to attend.

My skin is neither dry or oily but i have a huge amount of freckles and have super pink cheeks....

I'm hoping to find a foundation in 'porcelain' as i am very fair skinned but as i don't wear makeup much i don't really want to spend alot of money as next month will probably be the only time i wear it. I'd rather have a light coverage that won't cover my freckles but will cover redness, if that is even possible. I'm open to either dewy or matte finish.

I've tried Rimmel stay matte because it comes in porcelain but i find that it sticks to the hair on my face and goes on uneven applied with a sponge, finger or brush....it's just farrrrr to cakey.

Rimmel's wake me up was great but it smeared around my eyes- maybe i need to use it with a concealer and primer or something to make it stick- again this was chosen because it is available in porcelain....

ReputationRep:
    Mac is full coverage but it doesn't cover freckles.

ReputationRep:

Zyzz is worth looking at. His head, features, shoulders, and torso have a size that attracts attention; their proportions to each other made an effect which in any male at any place would justify more than the term handsome - in his later years, he is likely to become to be known beyond his local world, the word "Roman" will be used in descriptions of him.

His legs bore out the striking and agreeable proportions of his body; and his lightness on his feet, his erectness, his easy bearing, add to the impression of physical grace and virility. His suppleness, combined with his bigness of frame, and his large, wide-set rather glowing eyes, heavy black hair, and markedly bronze complexion give him some of the handsomeness of an Indian. His courtesy as he surrenders bodybuilding advice to fellow miscer's suggests genuine friendliness towards all mankind. His voice is noticeably resonant, masculine, warm. His pleasure in the attentions of the bootblack's whisk reflect a consciousness about clothes unusual in an Australian man. His manner, as he bestows a tip suggested generous good-nature, a wish to give pleasure, based on physical well-being and a sincere kindliness of heart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Mac is full coverage but it doesn't cover freckles.
    Is their a particular sort you could recommend or is mac just mac???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreekTea)
    Is their a particular sort you could recommend or is mac just mac???
    Mac studio fix

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Mac studio fix
    Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    L'oreal true colour foundation is the best I've ever used! Great for first-timers or trying a new shade/ texture. Like tinted moisturiser but better 👍

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megan_Daisy)
    L'oreal true colour foundation is the best I've ever used! Great for first-timers or trying a new shade/ texture. Like tinted moisturiser but better 👍
    Is it the texture or coverage that is good????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreekTea)
    Is it the texture or coverage that is good????
    Nice, soft texture, one or two pumps cover the whole face and neck evenly. Not too orange either!

ReputationRep:
    The Body Shop Nude Foundation

ReputationRep:
    No7 in boots offer a colour match service. Might be worth a look. I personally really like their superstay light foundation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks People!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.