Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So i have recently cut my mid thigh length hair to collar bone length and donated it to charity....

Which was a big step for me because god forbid a girl has short hair.

I'm also sick of having light beachy hair..... It's too common and my current bf says he doesn't want me to reach the stage where i brush my hair and it feathers off because it makes him feel sick so i dyed it natural black, as per his preferences.

I also got a nape undercut because whilst it's short i may as well and because i wanted to. I love the length because long hair is just so flipping boring, especially when everyone else around you has the exact same makeup, hair, wardrobe contents and even perfume. I live in a small village of beachy barbies and it's all getting way boring now! I'm loving the whole natural makeup thing as shown by the amazing Jennifer Lawrence herself but because i'm used to having highlighted hair i'm finding the flat black a bit artificial, similar to flat blonde.

I want to keep it dark so i'm thinking of either a sparse few flashed highlights towards the ends, maybe a mid brown..... or going a auburn shade like Llana Del Ray..... As long as it is short and black, i'm looking for some hairspirations, any good ones?

My hairdressers minimum charge is £80, but i think that is far too expensive considering i only half half a head of short hair and i'm not asking for anything drastic, she says my hair is in beautiful condition and has advised me to do a home job because she says i have an awesome knowledge of hair, i just need an initial idea to set me off. I also wanna keep natural colours, or at least mainly natural!

ReputationRep:
    Why change yourself for your bf? Also, stop trying to be like celebrities and find your own style. I admire the fact that you reject conformity but seriously find a style that suits yourself rather than what looks good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NNA10)
    Why change yourself for your bf? Also, stop trying to be like celebrities and find your own style. I admire the fact that you reject conformity but seriously find a style that suits yourself rather than what looks good.
    No it was more of i really wanted to do it and then he was like 'do it then' so i went ahead. It wasn't specifically for him haha. I'm only using J-Law to help me describe my general ideas at the moment but i just want a new fun idea to run with....

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 24, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.