I don't know what to do!

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I am in year 12 and finished my exams which I didn't work for because I was just too trapped in my thoughts this year. I don't know but I just became an emotional freak who would not stop crying. I was just to tired and lazy to work so i won't be surprised if I fail this year. I just ignored everyone and isolated myself. Anyways my sixth form is forcing us to write our personal statements and do other activities regarding university choices. Today I had to write which uni I wanted to go to and what course I wanted to do. My friends weren't sure what they wanted to do before but they know now. I have been to so many career fairs and open days and other career stuff but still can't make up my mind. I always wanted to become a doctor but looking at my lazy self unfortunately I can't become one even though I worked so hard get good GCSE result and even moving to this country was hard. But now I have changed so much that I skip school and just stay away from everyone. I have always had family issues which to be honest I am tired off but family is very important to me especially my mum. Therefore, I can't move out and start again. I don't know why I am writing this but I need help because I don't want to feel like **** everyday and see myself losing everything I had. I feel like I am becoming really antisocial because I just don't like anyone anymore. Anyways can you guys help me with my career choice? I take biology, chemistry , psychology and accounting.

ReputationRep:
    If becoming a doctor is what you want then go for it!
    I understand that it may be hard to think about something that will affect your future at such young age. (I'm 17 myself). It is not the end of the world. You can always change your career path at any point. There is no limit or barriers. Life is about trying to find your happiness and enjoy it. Besides your 1st year of sixth form. Why did you isolate yourself? If you're feeling anxious or depressed then you definitely should not stay isolated. It heavily affects your mental health. If you're feeling this way then please, visit a psychologist. If you need to talk about anything I'm here to help!
    I just read it again.. Sorry for those silly mistakes. It was awful to proof read it again!

Hi :nyan:

How can you be sure you can't be a doctor ? Are you THAT sure you've failed this year ?
    Also you said you worked hard for GCSE. In my opinion you should try if that's what you always wanted to do. Don't give up now, because no one told you yet you couldn't !
    The worst that can happen is that you actually "failed too much" and you wouldn't become a doctor. So what ? Worth the try don't you think ?

Also, as said above you should not stay alone. I know that feeling, I know how it feels wanting to be alone and avoiding people all the time. But trust me, really trust me, you can't heal yourself alone. I've tried, you just can't.

You need to open yourself to someone, you need to talk ! Maybe your mum ? Idk who you want. Talking to people you don't know can help sometimes, if you want to talk, my PMs are always open

Good luck !! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ICEN_Prophet)
    If becoming a doctor is what you want then go for it!
    I understand that it may be hard to think about something that will affect your future at such young age. (I'm 17 myself). It is not the end of the world. You can always change your career path at any point. There is no limit or barriers. Life is about trying to find your happiness and enjoy it. Besides your 1st year of sixth form. Why did you isolate yourself? If you're feeling anxious or depressed then you definitely should not stay isolated. It heavily affects your mental health. If you're feeling this way then please, visit a psychologist. If you need to talk about anything I'm here to help!
    I just read it again.. Sorry for those silly mistakes. It was awful to proof read it again!
    THANK YOU! Yes you are right, I think I just hanged around with negative people and became the negative person out of all of them. Anyways, I applied to UKCAT today thanks to you. I will try and become a doctor and if it happens, it happens and if not then it is not meant to be. BTW I feel like I should see a psychologist but I don't know I can't be open to anyone like explaining majority of the things I deep down feel badabout so I feel like it won't help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Hi :nyan:

How can you be sure you can't be a doctor ? Are you THAT sure you've failed this year ?
    Also you said you worked hard for GCSE. In my opinion you should try if that's what you always wanted to do. Don't give up now, because no one told you yet you couldn't !
    The worst that can happen is that you actually "failed too much" and you wouldn't become a doctor. So what ? Worth the try don't you think ?

Also, as said above you should not stay alone. I know that feeling, I know how it feels wanting to be alone and avoiding people all the time. But trust me, really trust me, you can't heal yourself alone. I've tried, you just can't.

You need to open yourself to someone, you need to talk ! Maybe your mum ? Idk who you want. Talking to people you don't know can help sometimes, if you want to talk, my PMs are always open

Good luck !! :hugs:
    Thank you. Yes, unfortunately I did really bad and I know I did but I applied to UKCAT today so lets see what happens. Being alone makes me feel calm but I know it's very bad, I don't know what I am saying sorry but I can't help but love being alone cause I just like really really hate meeting people even those who I am close with. That's the problem, I can't open up.

(Original post by missdumb)
    Thank you. Yes, unfortunately I did really bad and I know I did but I applied to UKCAT today so lets see what happens. Being alone makes me feel calm but I know it's very bad, I don't know what I am saying sorry but I can't help but love being alone cause I just like really really hate meeting people even those who I am close with. That's the problem, I can't open up.
    If you want that hard to be a doctor have you thought about going abroad ? If you study abroad and you did not have good grades anough at A-level you'll have a "second chance" because you can apply through an entrance examination process, which means your past grades won't have anything to do with you getting into that medical school.

It's good you applied to UKCAT tho, we never know what can happen, best of luck :heart:

If you don't like medicine that much, is there something else you would like to do in life ?

Also just to let you know, I really do understand your feelings because I have been through similar issues. If you want to talk, publicly or over PM you're most welcome (:

Are you feeling any better today ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missdumb)
    THANK YOU! Yes you are right, I think I just hanged around with negative people and became the negative person out of all of them. Anyways, I applied to UKCAT today thanks to you. I will try and become a doctor and if it happens, it happens and if not then it is not meant to be. BTW I feel like I should see a psychologist but I don't know I can't be open to anyone like explaining majority of the things I deep down feel badabout so I feel like it won't help.
    Thank you! Good job and hopefully this is just the beginning of your journey.Good luck with UKCAT! I understand that it may be hard and stressing to talk about your problems but it will help you. Understanding your problems is the key. Sometimes it may even hard to focus on them and why they are such big deal. Once you figure them out and what you want to achieve in life then your life becomes easier. Although, if you're afraid to talk about it in person then here I am. We are quite anonymous on TSR and you can talk to anyone without them even knowing your name (although it's quite polite to know your correspondent's name). If you would like to talk about anything then hit me up. I'm more than happy to help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    If you want that hard to be a doctor have you thought about going abroad ? If you study abroad and you did not have good grades anough at A-level you'll have a "second chance" because you can apply through an entrance examination process, which means your past grades won't have anything to do with you getting into that medical school.

It's good you applied to UKCAT tho, we never know what can happen, best of luck :heart:

If you don't like medicine that much, is there something else you would like to do in life ?

Also just to let you know, I really do understand your feelings because I have been through similar issues. If you want to talk, publicly or over PM you're most welcome (:

Are you feeling any better today ?
    That's is a good idea, I will look into that. Gonna PM now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ICEN_Prophet)
    Thank you! Good job and hopefully this is just the beginning of your journey.Good luck with UKCAT! I understand that it may be hard and stressing to talk about your problems but it will help you. Understanding your problems is the key. Sometimes it may even hard to focus on them and why they are such big deal. Once you figure them out and what you want to achieve in life then your life becomes easier. Although, if you're afraid to talk about it in person then here I am. We are quite anonymous on TSR and you can talk to anyone without them even knowing your name (although it's quite polite to know your correspondent's name). If you would like to talk about anything then hit me up. I'm more than happy to help!
    Thanks, and you guys are right.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.