The Student Room Group

Deadline for swapping firm and insurance choice?

Hey all,

I'm aware that for the vast majority it's not possible to switch firm and insurance choice at this point, but know that it's possible to switch firm and insurance choice by phoning up unis and UCAS and having everyone agree to it basically.

Does anyone know the deadline for this process? In past years, I think it's been mid to late July, but I seem to remember seeing somewhere that the deadline this year is June 30th, but can no longer find this. Can anyone confirm the deadline?

Thanks for any help :biggrin:
Reply 1
Original post by HarryF150
Hey all,

I'm aware that for the vast majority it's not possible to switch firm and insurance choice at this point, but know that it's possible to switch firm and insurance choice by phoning up unis and UCAS and having everyone agree to it basically.

Does anyone know the deadline for this process? In past years, I think it's been mid to late July, but I seem to remember seeing somewhere that the deadline this year is June 30th, but can no longer find this. Can anyone confirm the deadline?

Thanks for any help :biggrin:

June 30th is the deadline for applying and picking choices as normal. This is nothing to do with your situation.

You should ask as soon as possible. But unis will not talk to you after they have received A Level results, which is the Sunday before results day. So the absolute last day would be the Friday before results day. If you can do it earlier, do.
If you're not doing A Levels then it would be before the uni receives your results.
Hijacking this, I want to swap as well. which uni would I ring up first? would I need to ring up ucas before or after?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by BenGeorge
Hijacking this, I want to swap as well. which uni would I ring up first? would I need to ring up ucas before or after?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You would speak to UCAS last. It doesn't matter which uni you ask first - I'd suggest probably your insurance, so you know they would take you before you burn any bridges.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending