The Student Room Group

Do Uni Maths exams give you a formula book?

Or should I start memorising the contents of my A Level formula book if I have some time during the summer?
Physics doesnt give you a formula book, you might get given the really hard formula during specific exam questions (however you've got to remember all the derivations anyway). I'd imagine maths is the same.
Original post by physicsphysics91
Physics doesnt give you a formula book, you might get given the really hard formula during specific exam questions (however you've got to remember all the derivations anyway). I'd imagine maths is the same.

ouch sounds intense
Original post by 16characterlimit
ouch sounds intense

Write them on the inside of your eyelids, If that not an option, just remember how to derive the important results and you should be good

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, and they won't expect you to recall anything difficult. You should know all the basic trig identities by now. So either make sure you know them or are able to derive them quickly.
They won't give you formulas but some things which might be awkward to remember might be given to you, such as normal distribution percentiles for example. Don't take it for granted though
For stats you generally get the relevant tables and distribution pdfs. For pure you get nothing, although occasionally a definition might be given at the start of the question and then you are asked to prove something using it.

Quick Reply

Latest