Turn on thread page Beta

where can I start learning about the NHS and medical current affairs? :) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    this sounds really dumb but I don't really know a great deal about what is currently going on in medicine in the UK - it really interests me, hence why I would like to know more about it etc, but I don't know where to start?
    In particular, I wanted to learn about the current issues etc so does anybody have any links to point me in the right direction to get started? Or maybe any good books since I have the summer free now?

ReputationRep:
    You could try and get hold of current copies of the British medical journals, they are produced quite frequently so they're pretty up to date.

ReputationRep:
    Easier would be:

The StudentBMJ
    Health pages of the BBC/Guardian/Telegraph/Independent
    Follow vocal NHS commentators on Twitter - there are many.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by surina16)
    this sounds really dumb but I don't really know a great deal about what is currently going on in medicine in the UK - it really interests me, hence why I would like to know more about it etc, but I don't know where to start?
    In particular, I wanted to learn about the current issues etc so does anybody have any links to point me in the right direction to get started? Or maybe any good books since I have the summer free now?
    Hi there,

Have you heard of Richard Lehman's Weekly Review? They're funny and informative reviews of medical papers and research published on the BMJ blogs. His stuff is a great read!

Also, we have free weekly medical news summary blogs, which summarise and link to health stories from the NHS news pages, the BBC, Telegraph, Guardian and other newspapers.

We publish them every Monday, and you can read them by visiting our blogs page and sorting by 'medical news'.

Hope you find the above useful!

The Medic Portal

ReputationRep:
    Whatever the situation now, in a few years' time it'll all be ****ed anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think the internet is a decent place to start.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    As above. BBC health is good too.

(Original post by Helenia)
    Whatever the situation now, in a few years' time it'll all be ****ed anyway.
    Its ****ed already. Sorry to inform you!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 25, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.