The Student Room Group

Ab initio whilst doing IB ?

Recently, i've been looking into the IB. I really want to do italian ab initio, however you can only do ab initio at standard which, if im understanding correctly, would give me just 2 hours a week compared to the six I would get at a level. What are you're experiences with taking an ab initio language at IB? Thanks :biggrin:

(also im worried it may jeopardise my overall score if i dont get as much time to learn italian and therefore dont do as well on it. Also, although i'm currently getting A's (year 10) in science and maths, im not overly keen on those subjects. thoughts?)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Thanks!! I'm quite new to TSR so still figuring stuff out, but that sounds good! :biggrin:
Original post by ZakMinett
Thanks!! I'm quite new to TSR so still figuring stuff out, but that sounds good! :biggrin:

Hiya! I moved this into the IB forum for you - you're more likely to get a reply here :smile:

You could also have a look around the forum to see if anyone else has been talking about doing Italian on the IB :h:
Hiya, im not sure if you got a response on another thread but I've just finished IB and i did Spanish ab initio. I really enjoyed it, i had 3 hours a week and found that that was enough because it's only beginner level. Don't expect to come out fluent but its a great starting point. It won't jepodise your grade in the subject because everyone else has the same amount of time as you so you'll all be on the same level and will be marked accordingly, it's all to do with how much individual effort you're willing to put in.
Hope this helps and if you have any more IB questions id be happy to help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending