Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This might sound silly but this guy at my university used to always wave at me and had a massive smile everytime he saw me or cycled past me. He doesn't do this anymore. Today I was on the phone talking outside the hall, I could see him from the corner of my eye heading towards me but as soon as be noticed me he turned around and walked back. When we are standing close to each other, for instance I'm waiting to print off my work I feel that there is some awkward vibes, he tried not to look at my way and I could tell he was tensed up and then he asked me politely if I wanted to use the printer. I don't know what to do, I'd rather he asked about me and then we could have broke the ice. I could never initiate things. So why has he gone cold?

ReputationRep:
    Probably because your the type of girl to never give a reaction and he feels you don't like him. He's still interested, next time you see him say hi

ReputationRep:
    Just say hey how are you, show interest

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Alextaylor6)
    Probably because your the type of girl to never give a reaction and he feels you don't like him. He's still interested, next time you see him say hi
    I do actually, like I wave back and smile too but not as far as starting the conversation. I don't want to appear too keen as I like to keep some mystery. Since he is the man, it wouldn't hurt if he talked to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I do actually, like I wave back and smile too but not as far as starting the conversation. I don't want to appear too keen as I like to keep some mystery. Since he is the man, it wouldn't hurt if he talked to me.
    Anndddd that's why he stopped, if I was the boy I would have lost interest a long time ago, don't be an idiot

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.