Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ocr a2 chemistry - f325 *unofficial mark scheme/answers* Watch

• View Poll Results: How did you find F325 of 2016 in compared to previous years?
    Extremely harder than usual
    1.47%
    A bit more difficult than usual
    32.35%
    Similar/Average paper
    55.88%
    Easier than usual
    10.29%

ReputationRep:
    Here's a rushed answers from the F325 paper. My Chemistry teacher allowed us to use it for half an hour and we quickly rushed every answer we could remember. 2-3 questions are missing due to the rush. We'll update the thread with the answers. I'm not too sure about them so I will update when I am.

Please update if there's any mistakes or alternative answers, I'll try to update this post asap.

Good luck.

Q1
    Name:  q1.jpg
Views: 1417
Size:  80.7 KB

Q2
    Attachment 555767555769

Q3
    Attachment 555767555769555800

Q4
    [attach]5.557675557695558e+23[/attach]

Q5
    [attach]5.5576755576955576e+29[/attach]
    [attach]5.557675557695558e+35[/attach]

Q6
    [attach]5.557675557695558e+41[/attach]

Q7
    [attach]5.557675557695558e+47[/attach]

Q8
    [attach]5.5576755576955575e+53[/attach]

Vote for the poll honestly to allow us to see how people found the exam in general.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    U said questions are missing but that looks like most of them to me . Have u uploaded them all now?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have anymore answers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezexamsalltheway)
    U said questions are missing but that looks like most of them to me . Have u uploaded them all now?
    I meant some answers to some of the questions are missing. Every question is there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OCRScience)
    I meant some answers to some of the questions are missing. Every question is there.
    you know that q on the pH of water, everyone said it was alkaline, but on your paper it said it was acidic? Why is that the case?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mercuryman)
    you know that q on the pH of water, everyone said it was alkaline, but on your paper it said it was acidic? Why is that the case?
    Thats what my class worked out. Can you show proof on how its alkaline? If I'm honest, I got alkaline too but the majority of my class said Acidic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OCRScience)
    Thats what my class worked out. Can you show proof on how its alkaline? If I'm honest, I got alkaline too but the majority of my class said Acidic.
    TBh I'm not sure how you get alkaline, I never really understood the question. I got a pH of 6 kw(60 deg)/ 1x10^-7

and I thought this meant the pH was acidic

but i do believe alkaline was right. The majority say it is alkaline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mercuryman)
    TBh I'm not sure how you get alkaline, I never really understood the question. I got a pH of 6 kw(60 deg)/ 1x10^-7

and I thought this meant the pH was acidic

but i do believe alkaline was right. The majority say it is alkaline

Your correct, it is Alkaline. if your pH is 6 that means that is when its neutral. The question asked at a pH of 7 what would it be? If your neutral point is 6, 7 is higher than 6 so it is slightly alkaline.

ReputationRep:
    guys, you were given the pH, so from this, you work out the H+ conc. Then you rearrange this, and using the kw value, you work out the conc of OH- . The conc of OH- was higher than the conc of OH-, therefore making it alkaline, does that make any sense?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jadder1224)
    guys, you were given the pH, so from this, you work out the H+ conc. Then you rearrange this, and using the kw value, you work out the conc of OH- . The conc of OH- was higher than the conc of OH-, therefore making it alkaline, does that make any sense?
    This is what I did, likely to be the correct answer.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.