Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is my vote voided?

People are commenting on Facebook (yeah lolzy I know) that that may be the case

Just to clear this up once and for all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tootles44)
    Is my vote voided?

Just to clear this up once and for all.
    I would not think so, if it is marked correctly with a cross

ReputationRep:
    Nope, the votes are just counted by real people and if there's a cross in the box it counts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    I would not think so, if it is marked correctly with a cross
    Prefer a conclusive answer, thanks anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Only if it smudged, therefore causing doubt. If it was a regular ball point this is unlikely to be the case

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Star Light)
    Nope, the votes are just counted by real people and if there's a cross in the box it counts.
    ok phew

Some people were saying how pencil is used because the ink may not dry and if it makes a mark in the other box it won't count. I used a ballpoint and not an ink pen if that helps any

ReputationRep:
    Provided you made a mark entirely within the box, then your vote is valid

ReputationRep:
    Well apparently to leave supporters, if you voted leave then it will be voided, conversely if you voted to remain it would be fine. So OP, who did you vote for?

ReputationRep:
    ok phew

Some people were saying how pencil is used because the ink may not dry and if it makes a mark in the other box it won't count. I used a ballpoint and not an ink pen if that helps any
    Yeah that sounds unlikely, especially with ballpoint... if somehow you got the faintest trace of a smudge in the other box (which would only happen if you yourself violently squeezed the paper immediately after writing), it would likely be read correctly. I think you're safe!

ReputationRep:
    Those people are idiots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duncan2012)
    Those people are idiots.
    All remainers for what it's worth.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    The people who said that are just teasing you. Probably because they find it funny that you felt the need to bring your own pen.

ReputationRep:
    lol anyone who did that are mentally deranged

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    The people who said that are just teasing you. Probably because they find it funny that you felt the need to bring your own pen.
    They were general comments, not directed at me specifically.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    They were general comments, not directed at me specifically.
    Then they were teasing the conspiracy theorist lot on social media. It's just a joke. As long as the ink doesn't smudge (or worse, imprint on the other box) it will be counted.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.