The Student Room Group

Does she like me?

I've been friends with this girl for over a year now and had a massive crush on her for the majority of that time. She knows that I like her a lot but, at the start I was away for work so she didn't want anything to happen then. Since then, she's started training for the same job as me. She said at Christmas that, if something were to happen, it would be when she finishes training in August.

Now it's getting close to then and I'm wanting to find out how she feels. As I said, we're really close, her family loves me and mine her, we hang out a lot but I'm scared that I'm in the "friend-zone" I was planning on asking her this weekend something to the effect of "Hey, I know you said at Xmas that you didn't want anything to happen whilst you were training and I respect that but I need to know if, once you do finish, if something more will develop between us? I'm happy to wait until then but I just need to know where I stand?"

To add to this, I was on Tinder until a few months ago and she knows this. I'm pretty sure she's only had one boyfriend and possibly still a virgin and she doesn't like commitment.
Any thoughts
Original post by Anonymous
I've been friends with this girl for over a year now and had a massive crush on her for the majority of that time. She knows that I like her a lot but, at the start I was away for work so she didn't want anything to happen then. Since then, she's started training for the same job as me. She said at Christmas that, if something were to happen, it would be when she finishes training in August.

Now it's getting close to then and I'm wanting to find out how she feels. As I said, we're really close, her family loves me and mine her, we hang out a lot but I'm scared that I'm in the "friend-zone" I was planning on asking her this weekend something to the effect of "Hey, I know you said at Xmas that you didn't want anything to happen whilst you were training and I respect that but I need to know if, once you do finish, if something more will develop between us? I'm happy to wait until then but I just need to know where I stand?"

To add to this, I was on Tinder until a few months ago and she knows this. I'm pretty sure she's only had one boyfriend and possibly still a virgin and she doesn't like commitment.
Any thoughts

I would say don't invest yourself too much into this (looking at her tinder, making assumptions etc).

You can try saying what you said, or go with something simpler like asking her out and seeing what she says. It is quite a bit far from August, so maybe you could ask next month or something, but yeah.. don't end up never saying anything and continuing to be friends because that won't work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending