Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to start working , weekends only. Maybe Friday evenings too.
    I'll be on holiday for two weeks later on in the year aswell.
    How do I apply for jobs ? Should I just bring my cv into shops & explain my situation ?
    I can apply for jobs in like h&m and that right ? Can I apply for things like sainsburys as well or ?
    I live in south London - anyone know of any jobs /places I could apply to // Amy experiences you guys can share ?
    THANK YOU

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you can apply to these areas but it would be difficult to get a job with no/little retail experience. I recommend using the site Indeed.co.uk to look at online applications as nowadays shops will not be interested in taking in your CV.. Most applications are done online. Some independent shops/restaurants will take in CVs, however, big retailers likes H&M, Next etc. won't as they do theirs online.
    I'm trying to find a job too for summer, for months and I'm 17. Tbh, getting a job nowadays is based on luck or if you know someone who works in retail and can easily get you a job then you're pretty much sorted. But otherwise, its tough especially when you have little experience..

Anyway, good luck! Hopefully, we'll find jobs soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shafim61)
    Yes, you can apply to these areas but it would be difficult to get a job with no/little retail experience. I recommend using the site Indeed.co.uk to look at online applications as nowadays shops will not be interested in taking in your CV.. Most applications are done online. Some independent shops/restaurants will take in CVs, however, big retailers likes H&M, Next etc. won't as they do theirs online.
    I'm trying to find a job too for summer, for months and I'm 17. Tbh, getting a job nowadays is based on luck or if you know someone who works in retail and can easily get you a job then you're pretty much sorted. But otherwise, its tough especially when you have little experience..

Anyway, good luck! Hopefully, we'll find jobs soon!
    Aaaahh, well thank you. And good luck to you too ! 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im in the same position as the two of you, well im 16 just left school and im looking/applying for jobs. However i did get an video interview with 3 which i submitted today so im gonna be nervously waiting for an response

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzyoppitz)
    Im in the same position as the two of you, well im 16 just left school and im looking/applying for jobs. However i did get an video interview with 3 which i submitted today so im gonna be nervously waiting for an response

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really? That's great, I thought phone companies didn't hire under 18's due to customer confidentiality reasons e.g. signing contracts etc?

ReputationRep:
    Lets hope aha i really want the job as our school didnt do ANY work experience -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.