Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Independence day dawns. It looks like a victory for Brexit. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Odds for leave are now 1/20 with a strong lead.

The North East commandingly voted to leave and Wales too. These Labour voters are really carrying the Leave vote.

Lower turnouts in Scotland and London affecting remain vote.

Absolutely delighted but I hope we can find a consensus as we move onwards.

ReputationRep:
    No.

London will turn the vote

Just wait

They leave the best till last

ReputationRep:
    just hope london dont **** it up now

ReputationRep:
    Lol, America who have their independence tried to meddle in our internal affairs so we do not get our own independence.

Let's rejoin the common wealth, and open our doors to the rest of the world!

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham will swing the vote

Don't get cocky lol

ReputationRep:
    It's over. A new day dawns.

SS

ReputationRep:
    VICTORY!! WE HAVE VICTORY!

ReputationRep:
    It certainly wasn't inevitable; I'm still a little shocked we're actually going to do it.
    I'm certainly glad we're out but the hard work does start now ensuring the Govt get the best deal for Britain.

ReputationRep:
    Now the hard work begins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supersaps)
    Now the hard work begins.
    Does this mean we will open our doors to the common wealth i.e the rest of the world ?

ReputationRep:
    https://youtu.be/tN9EC3Gy6Nk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    Does this mean we will open our doors to the common wealth i.e the rest of the world ?
    I certainly hope so. Particularly countries like India, Australia, Canada & the US.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supersaps)
    I certainly hope so. Particularly countries like India, Australia, Canada & the US.
    I hope so too!

ReputationRep:
    WE ****ING DID IT.

Nobody has ever left the EU before. We did it. Us ballsy *******s.

What will happen to our economy?

What will happen to the European Union, will others leave? France, Netherlands and Italy all have shown significant dissent. What shall they do?

What will happen to Scotland, will it leave the UK? It clearly wants to be part of the EU.

What will happen to UKIP? The tory leadership? What about labour? It seemed to have failed to persuade its voters to go remain. Will UKIP steal the labour voters?

What trade deals with our politicians manage to get out of the EU and the rest of the world?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    WE ****ING DID IT.

Nobody has ever left the EU before. We did it. Us ballsy *******s.

What will happen to our economy?

What will happen to the European Union, will others leave? France, Netherlands and Italy all have shown significant dissent. What shall they do?

What will happen to Scotland, will it leave the UK? It clearly wants to be part of the EU.

What will happen to UKIP? The tory leadership? What about labour? It seemed to have failed to persuade its voters to go remain. Will UKIP steal the labour voters?

What trade deals with our politicians manage to get out of the EU and the rest of the world?
    UKIP will actually be less of a force now imho. A major part of their platform was in leaving the EU.

The best result for UKIP would have been a narrow loss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    UKIP will actually be less of a force now imho. A major part of their platform was in leaving the EU.

The best result for UKIP would have been a narrow loss.
    Perhaps, but I really don't know. I don't think at the last general election most people voted UKIP because of a strong desire to leave the EU. And we all know there are many ways the immigration policy post-brexit can be implemented. So it will depend on what happens in the near future. Will labour recover and how? A lot of UKIP voters are labour tbh, at least up here in the north anyway...

ReputationRep:
    Some may be interested in this petition to Parliament:
    https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.