Now that we are out, what will happen to UKIP? Watch

Palette
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Given UKIP's existence was hinged in its campaign to leave the EU (and tying many of Britain's problems to the EU), what will it campaign for now that we're out?

I was mildly for Remain even though I personally have something to gain from a Leave vote in the short term.
cbreef
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Palette)
Given UKIP's existence was hinged in its campaign to leave the EU (and tying many of Britain's problems to the EU), what will it campaign for now that we're out?

I was mildly for Remain even though I personally actually have something to gain from a Leave vote in the short term.
Hopefully they will drop out of existence and Farage will drop off the face of the earth. But yes, UKIP will become a thing of the past
99_Problems
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Labour will hopefully start taking them seriously before they take all their core voters.
illegaltobepoor
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Palette)

I was mildly for Remain even though I personally actually have something to gain from a Leave vote in the short term.
Will most likely get more support in elections because we euro-sceptics aren't classed as little Englanders anymore. Over 50% of Britain are euro-sceptics now!

The Nationalist rise has came back!

I think I may even leave the Labour party and join UKIP now. Depends if they'll have me back.
James82
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
They drop the 'I'?
Palette
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by James82)
They drop the 'I'?
Nah, I think they'll keep it to remind people that they helped secure, in UKIP's words, 'independence day'. Plus 'UKIP' flows more smoothly off the tongue than 'UKP'.
Nathanielle
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Tighten immigration and throw the rest of foreigners out of the UK?
Bella909
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The UK's electoral system would not allow for the election of UKIP.

They do not have both widespread and concentrated support and would hopefully never receive a plurality of votes against Labour and Conservatives
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (148)
19.12%
Labour (329)
42.51%
Liberal Democrats (156)
20.16%
Green Party (42)
5.43%
Brexit Party (21)
2.71%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.39%
SNP (9)
1.16%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.78%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)