Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Since 'leave' won. I am confused about how this will affect me.

I am a Middle Eastern student, looking to study at a top university in London in 2 years.

1. Will the international fees ridiculously increase?

2. Will the acceptance of international students change?

3. Will I find it difficult to land a job at a top firm?

4. Will I be subjected to extreme racism?

5. I currently have a short term student visa (6 months), as I am taking up a short summer course at KCL, will my visa be affected?

Any other additional information will be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OHamdy)

I am a Middle Eastern student, looking to study at a top university in London in 2 years.

No. That's nothing to do with the EU.

In theory , no.

Irrelevant of the EU. It depends on exam results.

No. Not connected to the EU. Probably to do with the fact radical Islam keeps shooting and blowing things up.

5. I currently have a short term student visa (6 months), as I am taking up a short summer course at KCL, will my visa be affected?
    No. It won't change. Laws can't be enforced retroactively.

ReputationRep:

1) No, but that can allways happen, anyway.

2) Probably not.

3) As you were an international, it was and will be difficult. The UK is definitely not the open arms country. Though less competition from EU citizens, on the other hand, some companies may move because of that.

4) Racists are probably more confident now, but I don't think whole London will change after two years.

5) The UK has far bigger problems now. And no.

ReputationRep:

1, no. There is no reason or suggsetion of this.
    2, no. see above
    3, no. Visa and job requirements for non-EU citizens will stay the same as far as we know currently
    4, maybe? no more so then you would have before..
    5, Not at all. No changes for around 2 years, and even then it wont effect you as your not from the EU

My wife is a non-EU citizen who is looking to move to the UK, so i am in a similar position to you at the moment, considering how it will effect non-EU immigration... at the moment we have no indication that anything will change for either my wife or you.. but in the future who knows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nathanielle)
    1) No, but that can allways happen, anyway.

2) Probably not.

3) As you were an international, it was and will be difficult. The UK is definitely not the open arms country. Though less competition from EU citizens, on the other hand, some companies may move because of that.

4) Racists are probably more confident now, but I don't think whole London will change after two years.

5) The UK has far bigger problems now. And no.
    Thank you so much, I really appreciated. Hopefully, since this is only advisory and Cameron does have control over the country, he ignores it or at least delay it and stall as much as he can; hopefully invoking article 50.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by democracyforum)
    No. That's nothing to do with the EU.

In theory , no.

Irrelevant of the EU. It depends on exam results.

No. Not connected to the EU. Probably to do with the fact radical Islam keeps shooting and blowing things up.

No. It won't change. Laws can't be enforced retroactively.

Thank you so much, I really appreciated. Hopefully, since this is only advisory and Cameron does have control over the country, he ignores it or at least delay it and stall as much as he can; hopefully invoking article 50.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    1, no. There is no reason or suggsetion of this.
    2, no. see above
    3, no. Visa and job requirements for non-EU citizens will stay the same as far as we know currently
    4, maybe? no more so then you would have before..
    5, Not at all. No changes for around 2 years, and even then it wont effect you as your not from the EU

My wife is a non-EU citizen who is looking to move to the UK, so i am in a similar position to you at the moment, considering how it will effect non-EU immigration... at the moment we have no indication that anything will change for either my wife or you.. but in the future who knows.
    God with us all.

ReputationRep:
    He won't ignore it because that would hand the next election to Labour and UKIP. Article 50 has to be invoked to leave the EU, so yes he will be doing that.

To answer your questions:

1) Probably not, if anything they'll go down because of the weak pound and the potential for EU students to pay international fees.

2) Nope

3) Probably not, depending on how immigration is handled it could end up being significantly easier.

4) No, in terms of immigration the vote was against white people and arguably in favour of commonwealth citizens (who are mostly not white) so more racism isn't really something that's going to happen

5) .Student visas will stay the same

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.