Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So it has happened.
    You left.You decision, ok.
    But now what about us? I accepted a conditional place at westminster and still have to ask student finance to help me with the high costs for it.Now what? Are they still going to give me money for the next three years of my life?How can I know if suddently in one or two years they say that I cannot ask for a loan anymore? Where do you think I can find 30.000 pound?!?!
    .I have no words, a dream was about to become true and now all is destroyed.
    All because of money
    Please someone can help me because I'm going nuts here

ReputationRep:
    It's extremely unlikely you'll be screwed over but I'd wait a couple of weeks to see the tone of the reaction. Even if you did get screwed over there would be a tonne of companies offering loans for EU students who got screwed over. But if you're paying £30,000 for a year at westminster you've got bigger problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiki4ever)
    So it has happened.
    You left.You decision, ok.
    But now what about us? I accepted a conditional place at westminster and still have to ask student finance to help me with the high costs for it.Now what? Are they still going to give me money for the next three years of my life?How can I know if suddently in one or two years they say that I cannot ask for a loan anymore? Where do you think I can find 30.000 pound?!?!
    .I have no words, a dream was about to become true and now all is destroyed.
    All because of money
    Please someone can help me because I'm going nuts here
    (Original post by Helloworld_95)
    It's extremely unlikely you'll be screwed over but I'd wait a couple of weeks to see the tone of the reaction. Even if you did get screwed over there would be a tonne of companies offering loans for EU students who got screwed over. But if you're paying £30,000 for a year at westminster you've got bigger problems.
    Same as me, i am a EU citizen who have lived in the UK for 8 years now, this september i am going over to University which also i have been eligible for student loans and maintenance loan. I am also as worried as you are on how it would affect us in the future, would we be ditched after 2 years? how about our final year where we actually get our degree.

P.S i agree with helloworld how the hell is it costing you £30,000 a year, contact westminster ASAP

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure he meant 30k over the 3 years.

I live in the UK, and I didn't know Westminster had a University

Anyway, there'll be a period of a few years for the UK and EU to get their stuff sorted out, we won't just suddenly leave the EU abruptly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnfrancis_j)
    Same as me, i am a EU citizen who have lived in the UK for 8 years now, this september i am going over to University which also i have been eligible for student loans and maintenance loan. I am also as worried as you are on how it would affect us in the future, would we be ditched after 2 years? how about our final year where we actually get our degree.

P.S i agree with helloworld how the hell is it costing you £30,000 a year, contact westminster ASAP
    You're a resident so you'd be unaffected. You'll probably want to apply for indefinite leave to remain at some point though.

ReputationRep:
    It is going to be a tough 3-5 years post Brexit until new trade deals are drawn up and new laws implemented to fill in the pot holes left by abandoning European legislation. It's going to be a period of mass uncertainty because we simply don't know what will happen. There WILL be a new recession, there will be a weakening of the pound and housing market. There will be trouble ahead. It won't last forever, true, but its going to be almost like an extension of the latter end of the economic crash. Not as painful as the crash but still bad. I supported Remain and we lost. Nothing we can do about that now. What has to be done now is to put Britain in a strong and unified position to be able to cope with the challenges ahead. It is akin to American independence from the British Empire. There will be hard times but hopefully and I do remain hopeful that we will see prosperous times ahead after the strife we are soon to face.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.