Pound is at lowest level since 1985

Watch
username1204031
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Congratulations, you self destructing neanderthals. You've managed to destroy 40 years of progress and plunge us into recession. How exactly do you plan to save the NHS and fix our schools when you've just took a big **** all over our economy?

Oh right, that £350m we save (thats actually about £150m).

Shocking. Who could have predicted this? Not those pesky experts, they don't know what they're talking about. We're sick of experts!

Well, at least we have our sovereignty??????

This country is a ****ing joke.
9hk9
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JordanL_)
Congratulations, you self destructing neanderthals. You've managed to destroy 40 years of progress and plunge us into recession. How exactly do you plan to save the NHS and fix our schools when you've just took a big **** all over our economy?

Shocking. Who could have predicted this? Not those pesky experts, they don't know what they're talking about. We're sick of experts!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
who cares, better to have identity than to have wealth. If you want both, see what the Chinese and Japanese do
GUMI
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
http://giphy.com/gifs/retro-thumbs-up-XreQmk7ETCak0
alevelstresss
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
its a ****ing shambles, not only will we have a recession, but Scotland and Northern Ireland will have their independence referendums and we will indeed become 'little England'.

All for some ****ing 'democracy and sovreignty'
9hk9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shawn_o1)
who cares, better to have identity than to have wealth. If you want both, see what the Chinese and Japanese do
Are u actually serious😂 why couldn't the uk be like japan and china before the eu??

Posted from TSR Mobile
math42
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The vitriol and bitterness is insane. You know nothing positive can come of this. The vote is done, this absolute hysteria is not helping anyone.
username1204031
Rep:
?
(Original post by shawn_o1)
Tell that to the working class that the Brexit campaign pretended to support. "Fix our NHS, end the housing crisis" absolute piss take. Having an "identity" doesn't put food on the table.

Then again, we don't have much of an identity. The whole world is laughing at us. I'd be laughing at us if I wasn't stuck here. The world sees us as an island full of angry little xenophobes, smacking their chests like cavemen and *****ing on about sovereignty while we destroy everything around us.
username1204031
Rep:
?
(Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
The vitriol and bitterness is insane. You know nothing positive can come of this. The vote is done, this absolute hysteria is not helping anyone.
Nothing positive could come of voting out, but everyone did it anyway, and now we're all expected to suffer the consequences of some horribly uninformed opinions?
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 9hk9)
Are u actually serious😂 why couldn't the uk be like japan and china before the eu??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why couldn't Japan be like Japan before Britain joined the EU? Because things change. The world moves on.
celloel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You disagree with the vote. Good for you - but your bitterness is not what is needed. We need to stick together to create a plan for the future. You cannot say for certain that anything you are saying is true - neither can leave. Stop spouting your fear-mongering; it is pathetic.

Also, calling leavers xenophobes is utterly ridiculous. For one, we are not against immigration - I support immigration and understand our country needs it. I AM against uncontrolled immigration. There is a huge difference; understand that.

PS: It's not £150 million, it's £9 billion a year NET we will save.
Nurne
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just watch when the London Stock Exchange opens. The FTSE will fall like never before. Bye bye economic growth, hello long term recession. Nice to know the English and Welsh electorate are mostly xenophobes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
alevelstresss
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by celloel)
You disagree with the vote. Good for you - but your bitterness is not what is needed. We need to stick together to create a plan for the future. You cannot say for certain that anything you are saying is true - neither can leave. Stop spouting your fear-mongering; it is pathetic.

Also, calling leavers xenophobes is utterly ridiculous. For one, we are not against immigration - I support immigration and understand our country needs it. I AM against uncontrolled immigration. There is a huge difference; understand that.

That money we 'save' will be quickly made redundant by a) the economic recession and b) Scotland/Northern Ireland leaving.

Don't be a baby, they will leave
9hk9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nulli tertius)
Why couldn't Japan be like Japan before Britain joined the EU? Because things change. The world moves on.
I just hope Britain can "move on"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Themini
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JordanL_)

Im going to say it! The people who vote brexit are either old (don't care what happens) or the working class.

Who suffers? The middle class and upper class i.e. the people who run the country by paying their way and supporting these degenerates with their tax revenue. Ffs..bunch of degenerates ruining this country for everyone.

Well gg 10/10. Now our house will probably get repossessed and drop in value like an anchor. Just like the 70s...when interest rates rose like mad.
celloel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by alevelstresss)
That money we 'save' will be quickly made redundant by a) the economic recession and b) Scotland/Northern Ireland leaving.

Don't be a baby, they will leave
The economic recession you are spouting about is unfounded. If you don't think the pound will come back up you don't understand history.

Don't focus 6 hours of market impact on a generational issue.
Nurne
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Uncontrolled immigration, when most of our immigrants are from outside the EU and have had the current government have had the opportunity to change that the entire time they were in power.

Posted from TSR Mobile
alevelstresss
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The economic recession you are spouting about is unfounded. If you don't think the pound will come back up you don't understand history.

Don't focus 6 hours of market impact on a generational issue.
Time will tell, and if it tells what I am saying, don't come crying to us saying you made a mistake, you brought this on yourselves. Not to mention the end of the United Kingdom, we will become Little England and we will have decimated our global influence.
Nurne
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
All the degenerates who voted to leave should be denied the opportunity to vote in all future elections. WHY DID CAMERON TRUST THE BRITISH PEOPLE TO VOTE CORRECTLY IN THE REFERENDUM???

Posted from TSR Mobile
celloel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by alevelstresss)
Time will tell, and if it tells what I am saying, don't come crying to us saying you made a mistake, you brought this on yourselves. Not to mention the end of the United Kingdom, we will become Little England and we will have decimated our global influence.
Little England? You need to actually shut up. The vote is done. Stop with your fear-mongering. Remain lost - now it's time to look to the future.
As a said before - stop looking at 6 hours of market impact on a generational issue.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (123)
43.01%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (45)
15.73%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (113)
39.51%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (5)
1.75%

Watched Threads