Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My families British except my dad who's from Denmark. Hes lived in the UK for at least 36 years. He has paid his taxes. Will he be asked to leave?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    No lol. Don't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    No, he will not be asked to leave.

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes

But seriously No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    My families British except my dad who's from Denmark. Hes lived in the UK for at least 36 years. He has paid his taxes. Will he be asked to leave?
    NO

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed-7)
    Absolutely not.
    You say this with confidence.

However, what is UKIP going to move onto by way of campaigning next?

What target is more tempting for them than mass repatriation?

ReputationRep:
    I don't see any reason why they would ask your dad to leave.. Being in the UK for 36 years he must be more British than some common British folk!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, they'll be knocking on his door come tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Boris was offering amnesty to all illegals past 12 years so he will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamieBriggs)
    Yes, they'll be knocking on his door come tomorrow.
    Don't troll people on sensitive issues regarding family. What youve done is horrible.

ReputationRep:
    The Vienna Convention means that any immigrants already here cannot be discriminated against in the manner of chucking them out. Plus i'd be pretty certain he now has a British passport.

How'd he vote??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    The Vienna Convention means that any immigrants already here cannot be discriminated against in the manner of chucking them out. Plus i'd be pretty certain he now has a British passport.

How'd he vote??
    He has a Danish passport, not a British passport.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    My dad was rooting for remain but he said that he would vote leave if he was British.

ReputationRep:
    He has a Danish passport, not a British passport.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    My dad was rooting for remain but he said that he would vote leave if he was British.
    As he's been here more than 5 years tell him to apply for British citizenship, it should be fairly swift and automatic.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.