Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Remain Voters - Stop Whining And Accept Democracy Watch

ReputationRep:
    Of course this is a student room, this is to be expected: You have different opinions to majority of the country, to us Leave voters. WE KNOW. You've all been banging on about how you were going to win. But you didn't. There's nothing you can do about it.

Democracy has been served. You can either whine about it or take it on the chin.

If you want to continue banging on about how your views are right and ours are wrong, in your opinion of course, fine, but those that do are simply revealing themselves to be like a spoilt child throwing their toys out of the pram when they don't get their own way.

What I'm saying is, you can either you do that or you can respect the fact that we've won, against all the odds, and that's how it is.

Britain has voted. Leave have won.

ReputationRep:
    I assume had Remain won you were planning on offering a mental handshake and never bringing the issue up again?

The news is a few hours old, people have a right to complain about the result.

Don't worry, it doesn't change anything, you're not suddenly going to find your win cancelled.

ReputationRep:
    Democracy is flawed.
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    I will accept the democratic result, and respect the outcome of it, but it doesn't mean I have to be happy about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    I will accept the democratic result, and respect the outcome of it, but it doesn't mean I have to be happy about it.
    That's all I was suggesting for.

Everyone should respect everyone and some (not all) Remain voters are showing a real lack of respect on here. (Which is expected.) I'm not judging them, it's up to them, of course, I'm just saying its probably more productive and, in the long term, easier to simply accept the result, respect it and get on with it rather than dwelling on what might have been and being outright rude and sarcastic to Leave voters.

ReputationRep:
    Oh of course, because the leave campaign would have quietly accepted the result had they lost...

People are scared that a campaign based off ignorance and lies has effectively just ruined their lives and driven this country into the ground, and you're telling them to be quiet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by similarBlank)
    Of course this is a student room, this is to be expected: You have different opinions to majority of the country, to us Leave voters. WE KNOW. You've all been banging on about how you were going to win. But you didn't. There's nothing you can do about it.

Democracy has been served. You can either whine about it or take it on the chin.

If you want to continue banging on about how your views are right and ours are wrong, in your opinion of course, fine, but those that do are simply revealing themselves to be like a spoilt child throwing their toys out of the pram when they don't get their own way.

What I'm saying is, you can either you do that or you can respect the fact that we've won, against all the odds, and that's how it is.

Britain has voted. Leave have won.
    I'm not sure you've got this post entirely right. It's not that we're "not accepting" the result - it's happened, we have to accept it and yes, unfortunately it is democracy. We have a right to complain about whatever we want and the result was only announced three hours ago. So stop trying to rub salt in wounds and cause arguments here - if you want to celebrate your victory, do it elsewhere instead of attacking those with the opposite opinion. Celebrate while you still can, because in a year or so you'll see how wrong you were and you'll wish you voted Remain....
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Of course I've accepted the result, but should it have been that the results went in the other direction that you would have been okay otherwise?

People are allowed to feel sad, it's human emotion after all.

ReputationRep:
    Did I just read, 'unfortunately it is democracy'. Perhaps you'd prefer to ignore the result of a freely held vote. Or perhaps you'd prefer people who do not share your opinion to be disenfranchised. Or maybe just old people to loose the vote. Or maybe those with a terminal illness, given they'll not suffer the consequences. Or maybe only those with a university education. I could go on.

Yes, have a whinge. Exorcise the demon. But don't indulge yourself for too long because there's work to be done. Those of us without the means to get on a plane and restart our international career in law overseas have to make the most of what we have here in the UK. And what we have is a vote that, like yours, meant something.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.