Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello there, after seeing the recent news i am starting to feel a bit afraid. I will be coming to the UK to do a MSc (I already got 3 offers) after that i was thinking to try and find a job in UK. I am EU citizen (from Spain), so the question is, what will happen next? Will I be able to study and work in the UK or will this be impossible?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Don't panic, the EU-leaving process (Article 50) takes two years to complete, after that it's visas and permits like the rest of the non-EU lot that you apply for before you can enter the country.

ReputationRep:
    MSc EU fees wont be affected for a couple of years

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Danish citizen and Universities are free in my country so I don't mind going back lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAFF2400)
    I'm a Danish citizen and Universities are free in my country so I don't mind going back lol.
    lol where do you live? i am coming with you hahaha

ReputationRep:
    It's not the end of the world, my family came from outside the EU we started with temp visas went through the processes and we have British passports now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azzor)
    lol where do you live? i am coming with you hahaha
    Haha looool I'm in London pack your luggage! The good thing is I have booked a flight to Denmark two days ago but its a return flight so I think I won't go on my return flight lol

ReputationRep:
    I had the same question, I'm from Portugal, I'll be going to England this year to do a BSc... this Brexit messed up my plans

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Don't panic, the EU-leaving process (Article 50) takes two years to complete, after that it's visas and permits like the rest of the non-EU lot that you apply for before you can enter the country.
    let's hope you are right, is it posible to change all the Articles now that Cameron has resigned?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azzor)
    let's hope you are right, is it posible to change all the Articles now that Cameron has resigned?
    Article 50 was agreed long ago and I don't think it'll change. Plus, Juncker has said there is no way back i.e. UK cannot re-join the EU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azzor)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azzor)
    Please don't embarrass yourself further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Please don't embarrass yourself further.
    Well i was genuinely asking, i really dont know how all the UK laws work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azzor)
    Hello there, after seeing the recent news i am starting to feel a bit afraid. I will be coming to the UK to do a MSc (I already got 3 offers) after that i was thinking to try and find a job in UK. I am EU citizen (from Spain), so the question is, what will happen next? Will I be able to study and work in the UK or will this be impossible?

Thanks!
    Studying should be absolutely fine, after all universities host many non EU students too and any changes won't have been put into place when you start your MSc later in the year. As far as working after goes, no-one knows whether EU migrants will still be free to come over here as they please or if there will be restrictions put into place.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.