The Student Room Group

Edexcel C4 June 2016 - Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by haris1haris2
thanks man wasnt sure now seeing that c4 was easy as people here say

yeh but I don't think it was that easy as there were a couple of tricks in that paper - for instance the question where you had to find the region of S would've confused people seeing as the region was above the curve so people may have integrated between the wrong limits, and also to find the volume of the rectangle may have confused people as i know this hasn't been asked before...

also some of the integration was pretty tricky in terms of using identities and cancelling out stuff so don't worry i don't think they'll jump up massively
Reply 361
For question 2(c) I just integrated it algebraically and completely forgot to actually work it out using the numbers. Also in 4a I did the initial substitution but then I went on to complete it without going to partial fractions, getting an answer of -3ln|u|. How many marks do you think I have dropped/obtained? Messed this paper up and it was easier than an average too... **** :/
Anybody remember how much was 7b worth? The volume question. I just don't remember my answer so I wanna know what's the worst grade I could get 😊
Original post by fefssdf
yeh you'll get method mark

So out of the 7 marks in total for question 4, do you think I will just get one method mark?
Original post by Steven Leong
So out of the 7 marks in total for question 4, do you think I will just get one method mark?

you would get more than 1 method mark for sure !
Original post by fefssdf
you would get more than 1 method mark for sure !

I don't know mate, because all I can think of is just a method mark for substituting the value into the wrong equation, otherwise I can't really think where else will I get a mark :frown: (since my equation is already totally wrong in the first place)
Reply 366
did 8d only ask for the value of theta cause i worked out the actual angle and therefore didn't simplify my value of theta to 4/5,
Reply 367
If I don't write +C on all of the integration questions will I lose marks :frown:
Original post by Steven Leong
I don't know mate, because all I can think of is just a method mark for substituting the value into the wrong equation, otherwise I can't really think where else will I get a mark :frown: (since my equation is already totally wrong in the first place)

ohhh I see yeh in that case you probably would only get 1 . I made a similar error in c3 where you had to find the equation of the normal as I didn't even find the value of y correct to sub into my incorrect equation oops
Original post by 1998
for the partial fraction question , I integrated by expanding the bottom and using differentiation by parts - will I lose all the marks as you get a different answer

probably i think you will not lose all ur marks, coz in the real mark scheme may have different method. So I definitely sure u still can get some marks. Good luck ! :smile:
Reply 370
Does anyone have the number of marks each question was worth?
Original post by fefssdf
hmm i guess i am just the sort of person who likes to try again - in gcse film studies i got an A and retook it to get an A* even though nobody would care about it lol but i just like the satisfaction gained from improving

well thats good for you..right attitude to have, im just saying that you dont have to. would be a nice feeling though to achieve it
Original post by Waffles15
well thats good for you..right attitude to have, im just saying that you dont have to. would be a nice feeling though to achieve it

yeh and if I'm doing a maths degree surely I'm gonna find c3 maths really really simple if I did it again lol
The grade boundaries for this C4 WILL be SKY HIGH and the marking will be incredibly stringent, with very little ecf marks.
Expect an A to be 69, 72 for A* and 75 for 100. I am highly confident that these will be the boundaries, maybe minus 1/2 marks at best.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 374
Original post by speed1✈️✈️
Predicted boundaries for this paper:

100ums - 75
90ums - 72
80ums - 69
70ums - 66

Etc..

This was the easiest C4 paper for many many years, so expect sky high grade boundaries. And yes they CAN be that high, as was the case for the January 2011 C4 paper, which had the exact same boundaries as above.😉

Sorry but people on student room who are exceptionally clever saying it was easy, does not mean low grade boundaries. It was easier than last year but not the extent it would be 72 for an A*. Imagine it'll be 68-70
Original post by fefssdf
yeh and if I'm doing a maths degree surely I'm gonna find c3 maths really really simple if I did it again lol

you'd hope so anyway lol
On the vectors question for the equation of l2, I put a multiple of (5,-4,3) in the direction part. I wrote (10,-8,6). Is this correct? I'm sure for parallel lines, the direction vectors only have to be multiples of each other, not necessarily the same?
guys

What do you think 64 in C3 and roughly 65-67 in C4 would add upto in UMS?
Original post by mk_98
Sorry but people on student room who are exceptionally clever saying it was easy, does not mean low grade boundaries. It was easier than last year but not the extent it would be 72 for an A*. Imagine it'll be 68-70

finally someone that agrees with me hahah . c4 is a hard module and people from state schools without further maths would not have found that exam easy. I strongly believe the boundaries aren't gonna go up by more than 2 marks honestly.
Original post by speed1✈️✈️
The grade boundaries for this C4 WILL be SKY HIGH and the marking will be incredibly stringent, with very little ecf marks.
Expect an A to be 69, 72 for A* and 75 for 100. I am highly confident that these will be the boundaries, maybe minus 1/2 marks at best.

lol 69 for an A.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending