Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

June 24th: 'UK Independence Day'. The People of Great Britain Have Spoken. Now What? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Now is not a time for puerile/jubilant triumphalism. Instead, we must focus on dampening the fires of hysteria, restoring confidence, reuniting the nation behind a positive vision of a prosperous future UK, and collectively taking the country forward in a calm, considered, and responsible spirit

This means holding politicians well and truly to account, going forward, and ensuring that we mitigate risk and ward off the circling vultures – preventing them from capitalising on/worsening societal conditions e.g. in terms of rights, freedoms, inequality, spatial deprivation, and division

Whichever way we voted – rich or poor, young or old, urbanites or rural folk, North, South, East, or West – and whatever our reasons for doing so, it now falls to each and every Brit to make the most of our revitalised Democratic powers, for the common good and in the national interest

We will pause before changing our leadership and effecting withdrawal under Article 50; let’s each and every one of us support the public/private/third sectors in making the most of this time by steadying the ship and charting a sensible course through uncharted waters

Britannia: unite, heal, and prosper

ReputationRep:
    we just need to rearrange the deckchairs.

ReputationRep:
    Honey,the union is crumbling. Scotland don't want to be apart of it anymore and next thing you know,Northern Ireland will want to hold an independance referendum. Londoners too want to hold a referendum on London indepence. Sad times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    Does this mean I'm gonna lose all my international friends who are from Europe

ReputationRep:
    "Britannia unite "
    Northern Ireland and Scotland think differently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    you will be able to meet lots of Russians soon

ReputationRep:
    Women and children first into the lifeboats.

ReputationRep:
    you will be able to meet lots of Russians soon
    My ex was Russian. But what will happen to my European friends? Will they be deported? Some of them are expats and some students

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    :spank:

:naughty:

anyone identifying as non-male for the purposes of evacuation

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    My ex was Russian. But what will happen to my European friends? Will they be deported? Some of them are expats and some students
    nothing will happen to them immediately. they will be taken East for resettlement in due course.

Probably not - the changes to immigration, if there are any substantial ones, are unlikely to apply retrospectively.

It's amazing, this opposition of yours to sexism. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Honey,the union is crumbling. Scotland don't want to be apart of it anymore and next thing you know,Northern Ireland will want to hold an independance referendum. Londoners too want to hold a referendum on London indepence. Sad times
    London won't be missed, but Scotland & Ulster :emo:

ReputationRep:
    nothing will happen to them immediately. they will be taken East for resettlement in due course.
    Does this mean my uncles from Tuscany can no longer buy a house in a leafy London suburb?

ReputationRep:
    Now its time to back peddle and make excuses when Scotland/Northern Ireland leave us, and when we lose the very 'sovreignty' that you people were trying to re-gain :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    London won't be missed, but Scotland & Ulster :emo:
    What are you talking about,ofcourse we will!

#votelondonindependence

ReputationRep:

There will be no such thing as Britain at this rate!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by statistics16)
    There will be no such thing as Britain at this rate!!!
    Das it maaaaan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Probably not - the changes to immigration, if there are any substantial ones, are unlikely to apply retrospectively.

It's amazing, this opposition of yours to sexism. :rolleyes:
    Okay,I hope you are right about this otherwise there will be lots of tears and I myself may have to move from london

ReputationRep:
    I agree, instead of sulking because you didn't get what you wanted, or jacking off your bregos (c wot i did ther?), the discussion in where to go from here needs to start occurring.

Fine, Scotland might well leave. Then that needs to taken into consideration, but the rest of the UK isn't going anywhere. Leaving the EU is just the beginning of the discussion.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
General election 2017 on TSR
Register to vote

Registering to vote?

Check out our guide for everything you need to know

Manifesto snapshots

Manifesto Snapshots

All you need to know about the 2017 party manifestos

Party Leader questions

Party Leader Q&A

Ask political party leaders your questions

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.